I just can't get the stupid nut off - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I just can't get the stupid nut off within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; nobody can take a joke anymore and i get warned and an infraction, imma sit there and look at every ...

nobody can take a joke anymore and i get warned and an infraction, imma sit there and look at every fn thread that noobs get bashed on or people get bashed on by clubwrx vets and mods and report them all to tim. Retarded.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Accident

where are all the infractions for the people bashing the noob indirectly, obviously the OP didn't take it as a joke and took it as bashing, went on a nice cussout fest and got put in a timeout all cause the noob got bashed, someone protect that noob instead of putting him in a time out.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I had another idea if you want something DIY and free: find a similarly sized but smaller socket (instead of using one a full mm smaller for a metric nut, try using a non-metric socket that's just slightly smaller) and gorilla it onto the nut if possible.

Another idea: a nut breaker (someone ban me please).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Searsnuts.jpg  
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-22-2007 at 02:28 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

As long as you take it as well as dish it out I couldn't care less what you say. I may be noob but I'm not new to geting bashed everyone got to have someone to pick on. I'm here go for it. And I thank all of you who have offered aome incite into helpn the noob.

I Support ClubWRX
    I forgot to mention that you should be using 6-point sockets (more area) and if you do decide to hammer on a smaller socket, be sure you don't do more damage.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ive stripped so many bolts on my subaru. My advice is to heat it up and use vice grips. I remember one time my BPV bolt broke in half.
    CGM

I can't use the sockets I have to use wrenches its the nut conecting the hydrolic clutch line to the hose but I did try going to i beleive a 3/8 on it but couldn't get it to go on. I'm gona get it off somehow though no matter what haha

Quote Originally Posted by Wilz02wrx View Post
    As long as you take it as well as dish it out I couldn't care less what you say. I may be noob but I'm not new to geting bashed everyone got to have someone to pick on. I'm here go for it. And I thank all of you who have offered aome incite into helpn the noob.
    Everyone likes to think post count means your a noob. Hell I have a 3k from postin with Ralph and i have no idea what a clutch hydrolic hose is. I dont even think i spelled it right.
    CGM

Ya I'm trying to avoid bending the line or somthing so all i have to do is get a new nut (theres something to make fun of if someone needs ammo wilz02wrz needs a new nut you could say we would all laugh for 2 secs and you would look like a bigshot) But anyawy back to what I was saying Im trying not to break more than is already broke.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ya I'm trying to avoid bending the line or somthing so all i have to do is get a new nut (theres something to make fun of if someone needs ammo wilz02wrz needs a new nut you could say we would all laugh for 2 secs and you would look like a bigshot) But anyawy back to what I was saying Im trying not to break more than is already broke.

Agreed. Another idea is to try heat/cool cycles repeatedly.

Ya post counts don't mean anything but Im more than willing to listen to anyone that has some info that will help me anytime no matter how many posts they have or don't have

Would you just use ice or something? I've got the minitorch Ive tried just heat but no vicegrips I've gota wait for a ride to the tool store since my cars down

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    OK, who else lol'd at this thread title?
    Sorry ... I did a little.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-22-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    ok so maybe I should have thought the title through a lil better haha but sockets won't work its around the line
    Have you tried a line wrench? Have you soaked it with PB blaster or equivalent?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Would you just use ice or something? I've got the minitorch Ive tried just heat but no vicegrips I've gota wait for a ride to the tool store since my cars down

If you use ice and a torch back and forth be sure to wear eye protection and be sure you're only affecting the nut, nothing else. A gentler way is to let it cool to where you can touch it, then ice it, and so on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.