Overheating and A/C Compressors Diag.

This is a discussion on Overheating and A/C Compressors Diag. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After having a squeeky bearing for a couple of months, right after about a 1200 mile drive I believe my ...

Overheating and A/C Compressors Diag.

After having a squeeky bearing for a couple of months, right after about a 1200 mile drive I believe my a/c Compressor has finally died.

My main question concerns the part numbers.
    This is on a 2005 Imp WRX.

The compressor in the car has a part number of 73111FE021, I have found several replacement parts using this part number at a decent price, but when I search using the cars year/model i get a part recommendation of part number 73111FE040.
    Anyone know which is the appropriate part, before I waste time and money.

And second part of the question.
    As the compressors bearing got worse and finally stopped spinning my wrx started over heating any time the fans or ac is turned on, as well as after abotu 30 min of city driving. It has never over heated before this time. Are the two problems related or should I also be looking at a secondary problem causing the overheating.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The parts company had had sti and wrx parts mixed up which has cleared the confusion on which part number to go with.
    So any takers on diagnosis of the overheating or is it def. caused from the a/c compressor going out?