What tire pressure are you running your Proxes 4 tires with stock wheels?

This is a discussion on What tire pressure are you running your Proxes 4 tires with stock wheels? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What tire pressure are you running your Proxes 4 tires with stock wheels? I tried asking this a different way ...

I tried asking this a different way earlier. I don't mean to repeat myself. I just wanted to hear what the best tire pressure is front and back with our cars.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What does it say on the sidewall?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

The sidewall will typically only list maximum cold inflation pressure. The tire manufacturer can't know what vehicle every tire will be mounted on and cars come in all weights and performance abilities.

Your best bet is to inflate the tires to the manufacturer's specs listed on the driver side door jamb and adjust from there to suit your needs.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

In the summer I run 40psi in the front, and 37psi in the rear tires with proxes4 on stock rims. This pressure is pretty good for aggressive daily driving on twisty roads. For the winter I lower the pressures to 35 front, and 32 rear. Anywhere in between these ranges is pretty good.

Why do you lower the pressure in the winter?
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.