Anyone use the Subaru Car Wash?

This is a discussion on Anyone use the Subaru Car Wash? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whenever I get my oil changed, I always make them write on the work order, in big bold letters. NO ...

Anyone use the Subaru Car Wash?

Whenever I get my oil changed, I always make them write on the work order, in big bold letters.

NO CAR WASH

I'm way to picky about how my car looks. Nobody touches the finish except me.

It's nice that my dealership offers free car washes with every visit for people like my wife who rarely washes her car. But with a nice shinny 05 WRX, they should ask before touching it.

On one of my first oil changes I told the service guy not to wash it. He wrote in big bold letters. DO NOT WASH CAR. After about 20 minutes I ask how much longer it will be to finish the oil change. The service guy walks back and opens the door and I hear..."I wrote NO CAR WASH!" They had just started to spray it down. God knows what kind of dirty rags they have to scratch paint back there.

Anyway, I find out that the guy who was about to wash my car after my oil change could'nt read the note because it was written in brown sharpie and the guy is color blind. Too funny!

So the last time I was in I actually asked if they were using a different color marker and the guy laughed and said, "We fired that guy." Grrrrrr!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well if you dont want them touching your car, do your own oil changes!

But yea im with you. Ive never been to the dealer with my subaru, but in onre of my other cars they would always run it through the car wash, even if it was clean since I had washed it the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    well if you dont want them touching your car, do your own oil changes!

But yea im with you. Ive never been to the dealer with my subaru, but in onre of my other cars they would always run it through the car wash, even if it was clean since I had washed it the day before.
    It's an '05. Under warranty. I don't mind them changing the oil. My car is so damn low now that I'd have to get ramps etc. I'm a little lazy and have other things to do.
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

haha, I was just messing with you, but thats cool how they change your oil under warranty.

But yea, mine is low too (im on h-techs) and I can still squeeze my floor jack under there. I have ramps too just in case but prefer the jack.

I Support ClubWRX
    DIY on washes and oil changes. I then know both are done correctly.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    haha, I was just messing with you, but thats cool how they change your oil under warranty.

But yea, mine is low too (im on h-techs) and I can still squeeze my floor jack under there. I have ramps too just in case but prefer the jack.
    No...I still pay. I don't mind.
    It's cool!