Air Compressors

This is a discussion on Air Compressors within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to pick up a air compressor with a power tool kit for my lugnuts and work around my ...

Air Compressors

I want to pick up a air compressor with a power tool kit for my lugnuts and work around my engine. Anyone know much much PSI it takes to break the seal on lugnuts and factory mounted bolts? The compressor prices vary with HP, PSI and amount of storage, Gallons. Does anyone have any recommendations? I just want one to get the job done, nothing overly elaberate and expensive. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you want a compressor just for around the garage and for your car, id go with a 5 hp 25 gallon compressor. its not very big and its fairly cheap. you can pick one up for like $200 they are very handy. many impact guns will loosen lugnuts and they operate at like 90 psi.so a 25 gal. compressor will get the job done and then some.
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

ok thanks

I have a Coleman unit similar to the one John described. It works well for most jobs, but you won't get a lot of performance out of high-flow tools like die grinders and paint sprayers. It works good for loosening rusty nuts with an impact gun and also for keeping tires properly inflated.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

i have a porter cable 6 gallon compressor, 135 psi. gets the job done easily. also great for putting air in tires, nail guns, any kind of impact wrench, etc, and a blower which is great for cleaning.