grrrr wheel well
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on grrrr wheel well within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i'm driving on I-70 today going about 75 and i hear a loud smack, my car hops, and i ...

grrrr wheel well

So i'm driving on I-70 today going about 75 and i hear a loud smack, my car hops, and i look in the rearview mirror and see something black...i think it was a 18 wheeler tire that exploded and i ran over it being i was right next to one when it happened.

So i pull off the highway, look at the right front tire and the black plastic cover in my wheel well is gone. Apparent;y that was the black thing i saw in my mirror. I'm so pissed right now as some of the metal around the wheel got bent up.

My question is will anything in the well get hurt with me not having the black plastic cover in there until i can get a new one? and 2nd, doesn anyone know anyplace where i could get one other that a subie dealer? thanks a ton
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a little part of mine is missing as well. the part that bolts on to the bumper got ripped off its mount, and it grinded itself off the tire for a few hundred miles.

man i wish that had happened to mine, instead of the whole friggin thing ripping out...now once i get the part i have to ttempt to bend some metal back....but still, i'm assuming it won't matter much with it not being there, but is there anything that can get damaged with it not being in place....for instance, i removed my intake silencer a while back and now, w/ the cover being gone water and whatever else has a direct shot into the intake. plus i saw some electrical stuff that is now exposed...should i be worried?

Splash Shield

Check out the link below:

http://www.partstrain.com/products/F...RU~IMPREZA.htm

I assume this is the part you are referring to correct?

yep...that's it, only for the passenger side not the drivers side
    Last edited by KritiKaL; 03-10-2006 at 06:49 PM.

I had my drivers side go out, also on the highway. God that sucks.
    04' SRR WRX TXS Stg 2 Sold

i cut the part that was rubbing off my tire with my gerber heres how it looks as of now.
    the mounting nuts seem to break off easily.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.