Fuel Guage not working
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fuel Guage not working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've actually had this problem for a while but my fuel guage stopped working after I got rear ended back ...

Fuel Guage not working

I've actually had this problem for a while but my fuel guage stopped working after I got rear ended back in early 2005. I've just been calculating the mileage to about 220 miles before filling the tank back up. It's worked out so far but I want to correct the problem. I pulled the code and I'm getting:

P0463 Fuel level sensor circuit high input

I'm not exactly sure what I would need to replace or repair, in this case.

I do have a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, but it was working after I installed it and continued to work for a year or so. I know it had to be something with the accident but at the time my insurance co wouldn't cover it because I had modified the fuel pump. Any help would be appreciated!!

-alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i thinking it's the little bobber thing that's connected to the fuel pump that's damaged. That thing looks expensive though... Anyone else have anything??

I'd guess thats what it is - I was going to reccomend pulling the pump assy and seeing what it looks like, if it goes up/down like it should, floats, etc.

i would guess that it is something with the float also.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

I tried testing the bober thing to see if it was sending any voltage when I moved it up and down and it's not. BTW this was a pretty messy experience and my car smells like fuel now. anyways I guess i'll be ordering that whole bober assembly thing next week.

Part# 42081A - Level Sensor $57.71
    Part# 42081B - Level Sensor $57.71 from Subaruparts.com

I didn't know there was two level sensors. I'm gonna take apart the other side later today and check if that's damaged. the passenger side (B) seemed ok. Hopefully it's just stuck in a bad position cuz those things are expensive...

-alex

Took apart both bober assembly's today, made sure they were making contact with the sensors and voila... Guage works again!! I guess after the accident the bober got loose and stopped making contact with the sensor. I bent a little metal thing on the bober arm and I guess that was what the problem was. I plugged everything back up and no more trouble light and fuel guage started to rise. Cool no more calculating the fuel amount with mileage and the best part is that I don't have to see that stupid low fuel light come on.

-alex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.