My clock died!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My clock died! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Please help, it's been about a week now, i've checked the fuses and no bad/blown fuses. Problem is my clock ...

My clock died!

Please help, it's been about a week now, i've checked the fuses and no bad/blown fuses.
    Problem is my clock does not display for the past week and my factory sub doesn't work either.
    Radio/CD and factory speakers work fine as do all other electrical components, is there something i overlooked?
    I prefer to "Do it myself" for personal satisfaction rather than take it in to a dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check the fusebox under the hood also?
    you got one drvr side and underhood.

Check...

I checked 'em both, after reading some other posts i think i may have to go over to the dealer and cough up the $50 or maybe mod it out with a gauge install (hmm!!).
    I'm still at a loss as to why my sub doesn't work anymore, it's the factory subaru Sub, i ordered the Harness from SOA myself.
    The only thing that's got me scratching my head is i recently had a shock replaced on the Driver's side, the repair guys forgot to reconnect the ground terminal to one of the post screws of the shock, i just reconnected the terminal and still no change.
    Help!

hey this has nothing to do with your clock, but I noticed you have custom grounding kit...lemme see a pic of that, ive been meaning to do it myself..but need a pic to motivate me.
    So Cal F4 # 10

haha. at least im not alone. mine did the same thing a couple weeks ago!! just the clock tho, i dont have the sub. but it just...quit. i looked at the harness in back of the clock, and that was fine, checked the fuse under the hood, that looked fine but i replaced it anyways....but nope. its dead. if i had money this would be a good excuse to get gauges and put a gauge pod there....but...i really cant right now

Dead Clock

The clock on my '02 WRX just died too. I am no gear head, so what is a gauge pod?

gauge pod, as in an aftermarket piece that goes where the clock is and allows you hold aftermarket gauges. like the a-pillar pods, only for the dash

wow mine died about 2 months ago and I bought one off e-bay its funny how bulletproof the car is and the dash clock gives to so many people, which is silly...if this keeps up we might get a recall on the 02 dash clock. I may set up a survey to see how manu people had to change oout their clocks.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

mine died about 15,000 miles ago I have just been to cheap to buy a new one and I also have been trying to convince my self and buy the gauges and gauge pod to replace my broken clock good luck with the fix

Mine was dead when I bought the car... I just use it as a cell phone holder... It actually holds my phone really nicely

My clock Just died a few days ago too!!
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

geez. lousy clocks! we should start a Broken-Clock-And-Too-Cheap/Lazy-To-Fix-It crew.

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    geez. lousy clocks! we should start a Broken-Clock-And-Too-Cheap/Lazy-To-Fix-It crew.
    I mean why fix it when it holds your cellphone so perfectly

My clock is still going strong at 60k+, but my sub died a LOONG time ago. No idea why

MOTHER FUNKER!?!?!

MINE TOO!!!! Kicked it like 3 weeks ago.

What fuse is the proper one to replace? I couldnt find it in the instruction book, nor the fuse panel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast