My clock died! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My clock died! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i think theres one in the fuse box under the hood that says clock on it. i would assume that ...

i think theres one in the fuse box under the hood that says clock on it. i would assume that would be in. my fuse wasnt fried tho

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mine is kinda dead.......

it gets real dim so what i do is i just press on the face of it with my thumb and it comes back to life
    Originally Posted by speedette
    You may 'think' that you are playing "devil's advocate", but you're really more like "negative nancy".

if u noticed the clock dimmmmssss when u turn on the headlights and comes back to clear view when lights are off I have never had my clock completyl go out goodluck on the problem!

Registered User jquicksilver008's Avatar
    my clock died a while back, i just went to the boneyard and got one, the lady didnt even charge me for it.

My clock would just stay off completely when I turned the car on so I would give it a whack on the dashboard and it would come back, but after few weeks it just went out for good. The clock is supposed to dim when you turn your lights on, that is how it works with all cars that I have been in.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

R.I.P my clock as well, how much is it to get it replaced?
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

I dunno what it is but my clock just failed to come up when i turned the car on one day back in october and now it randomly fades in to a bright green and then to a soft green and then nothing for a few weeks till it decides to bome back again....and its not that im too lazy to fix it its just i dont have any $$$$
    02 debaged bugeye with a Magnaflow Axleback, Perrin Dp, Samco IC pipes, APS Inlet, Perrin Fuel Rails, Tien H-Techs, Cobb Sway Kit, Whiteline Endlinks (Front & Back), Omori Boost Gauge, & Stg 2.....It's a good start

You might be a redneck if

Quote Originally Posted by Peteys02bugeye View Post
    I dunno what it is but my clock just failed to come up when i turned the car on one day back in october and now it randomly fades in to a bright green and then to a soft green and then nothing for a few weeks till it decides to bome back again....and its not that im too lazy to fix it its just i dont have any $$$$
    Mine does this usually when it's cold out. Smacking the dash to the left of the clock seems to turn it back on. I've had to do it this morning and yesterday.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Micah,
    I thought my clock had a cold weather problem, too, as it would come back on when the cab warmed up. Soon it quit all together ...
    I did some searching, and some guy claimed there is a resistor and/or diode that comes loose.
    This afternoon, as my girlfriend slept the afternoon away (bless her heart, she's next to me now, shooting me looks of ice-cold daggers), I tore into the problem.
    I broke a few of the small plastic tabs holding it all in (damn plastic %@&#!) , but it all went back in just fine (black tape works nice).
    Anyways, I took the clock body apart down to the circuit board/LED assembly. I had to desolder the two LED ground mounts on the bottom and swing the LED up & out of the way, and lo-and-behold, the 510 ohm resistor/diode (not sure what it is; it's small, rectangular, with 510 printed on it) on the right had a solder broken loose. A little gentle heat and a touch of solder, then resoldering the LED back into place, put it all back together, and, woo-hoo!, it works again, all for the price of $0 u.s.
    Now I can sit back and be proud all evening ...

wow i thought i was just me having my clock died as well. i did do the bang on the dash self fix move but now its dead for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    My clock would just stay off completely when I turned the car on so I would give it a whack on the dashboard and it would come back, but after few weeks it just went out for good. The clock is supposed to dim when you turn your lights on, that is how it works with all cars that I have been in.
    LOLOLOL! I hit my clock, too! My clock starting going off in my 02 around 95000 mi. It was also during the winter, and the cold weather accelerated it's death. But, if you give the dash a good whack, right on top of the clock, it may come back! It just got much warmer and now (100,000 mi), the clock is reincarnated and going strong, but sometimes still needs hit!
    Congressional Lobbyist for the Bugeye Mafia

Meeee Toooo

My clock was dead when i bought it. It does work nice as a cell holder but when it gets out of the body shop i think that i will try the teardown and rebuild approach

my clock just died too @ 75,xxx miles. I never realized how much I looked at it now that it doesn't work.. and I can't justify spending $50+ bucks on buying a new one.

I like the idea of a clock recall someone posted earlier. If someone starts the petition, I'll be the first one to sign it

Years or months old, not miles on a clocks life.

Quote Originally Posted by buymywit View Post
    Micah,
    I thought my clock had a cold weather problem, too, as it would come back on when the cab warmed up. Soon it quit all together ...
    I did some searching, and some guy claimed there is a resistor and/or diode that comes loose.
    This afternoon, as my girlfriend slept the afternoon away (bless her heart, she's next to me now, shooting me looks of ice-cold daggers), I tore into the problem.
    I broke a few of the small plastic tabs holding it all in (damn plastic %@&#!) , but it all went back in just fine (black tape works nice).
    Anyways, I took the clock body apart down to the circuit board/LED assembly. I had to desolder the two LED ground mounts on the bottom and swing the LED up & out of the way, and lo-and-behold, the 510 ohm resistor/diode (not sure what it is; it's small, rectangular, with 510 printed on it) on the right had a solder broken loose. A little gentle heat and a touch of solder, then resoldering the LED back into place, put it all back together, and, woo-hoo!, it works again, all for the price of $0 u.s.
    Now I can sit back and be proud all evening ...

yup. thats all you need to do. fixed mine a couple weeks ago. its great having a clock again, and for free too anyone w/ broken clocks this is 99.999% likely your problem. dont buy a new clock, buy a soldering iron instead! way better investment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast