Fog Light Broken?

This is a discussion on Fog Light Broken? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A while ago I noticed that my driver's side fog light wasn't working. I assumed that it was the bulb ...

Fog Light Broken?

A while ago I noticed that my driver's side fog light wasn't working. I assumed that it was the bulb that blew out or something so I bought a new bulb and I put it but it still isn't working so now I'm assuming that the fog light itself is broken. I'm pretty new to this so I'm not sure when a fog light is broken is it the assembly that is broken or is it the wiring inside the car? I wanted to try the bulb on the passenger side fog light but when I unscrewed it, the wires were like really short and I couldn't even get the light out enough to take the assembly off so that didn't work either. Can anyone help me out? If my fog light is broken anyone know approximately how much it will cost to fix? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by delusionz
    A while ago I noticed that my driver's side fog light wasn't working. I assumed that it was the bulb that blew out or something so I bought a new bulb and I put it but it still isn't working so now I'm assuming that the fog light itself is broken. I'm pretty new to this so I'm not sure when a fog light is broken is it the assembly that is broken or is it the wiring inside the car? I wanted to try the bulb on the passenger side fog light but when I unscrewed it, the wires were like really short and I couldn't even get the light out enough to take the assembly off so that didn't work either. Can anyone help me out? If my fog light is broken anyone know approximately how much it will cost to fix? Thanks

1) is the fog light glass damaged? is there a crack?

2) did you check the fuses?

3) remove fog light assy completely and/ or check for a bad ground, bad connection, exposed wire...

Jamie

Yea I took out the entire assembly to check it out and everything looks fine.. no cracks or anything and theres no exposed wires of any sort. It was working perfectly and one day just BOOM and it was gone... I'm thinking that my assembly is just broken or something and I hope its not the wiring cause thats gonna be a pain to fix if it is.. anymore suggestions would be nice

It could be anything - the bulb, a connector, fuse, wiring - you'll need a good voltmeter to diagnose the problem.

Sometimes the connectors get corroded, I'd check there before you delve any deeper.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

yea i probably need to get me a voltmeter and get this checked out cause its annoying me.. The only thing I'm sure of is that its not the bulb because I bought a new one and it still didn't turn on.