Street Racing = Tragic
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing = Tragic within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://bellinghamherald.com/apps/pbc...WS09/603010350 I hope that everyone (especially younger drivers) can learn something from this....

Street Racing = Tragic

http://bellinghamherald.com/apps/pbc...WS09/603010350

I hope that everyone (especially younger drivers) can learn something from this.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

While I appriciate the article and we all have a lot to learn from it, this was not street racing. This is simply to show why children should not be driving cars, let alone high performance cars. It is truely a tragic story.

My thoughts are with their families.

man i feel so bad for those girls. they were probably going out for a fun night and their friend in the wrx thought he was 2fastandfurious and killed them.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

This wasn't streetracing, it was stupidity.

Street racing is a new buzz-word for the media.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    This wasn't streetracing, it was stupidity.

Street racing is a new buzz-word for the media.

+1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin

I hope that everyone (especially younger drivers) can learn something from this.
    Sorry, I just posted my thoughts in the NW thread. I didn't see this thread until after posting.

Kids+fast cars=bad news. It catches up to you eventually. These nuts should think of the rest of us trying to stay alive, minding our own business, but their just not that smart.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    While I appriciate the article and we all have a lot to learn from it, this was not street racing. This is simply to show why children should not be driving cars, let alone high performance cars. It is truely a tragic story.

Actually, since this was a local story and a small town, there is more information about the accident than what was in the article. From other information that was released after the article, the WRX and the Legacy were racing. They were all coming back from a basketball game down south. Each driver took turns passing the other at a high rate of speed. I will agree that it was very tragic and something that both drivers will have to live with for the rest of their lives. I expect that there will be charges filed and the kid driving the WRX (maybe even the driver of the Legacy) will be going to jail. Very sad.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by subieracer18
    man i feel so bad for those girls. they were probably going out for a fun night and their friend in the wrx thought he was 2fastandfurious and killed them.
    It was a 17 year old girl driving. I'm surprised all 4 girls weren't killed. They now have to live with this the rest of their lives.
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin

The photo in the article doesn't do it justice.
    The video footage on the news shows how badly the car was damaged. Lots of rear end and drivers side damage.
    From the drivers side you can't even tell what kind of car it is except for the visible scoop.

i actualy know a person from high shcool who killed his best friend driving his 04 wrx drunk and he lived of course, he got vehicula homocide last time i heard.

and i want to add, it doesnt look like the wrx hit the person in front of them that hard, the airbags dont look like they were set off, the windshield looks totaly intact. this is more of death by ejection from vehicle, and not wearing seatbelts then severe high speed accident. thats how it looks to me at least.
    Last edited by Dench; 03-01-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Wow another example of how safe the WRX is for the people inside.....on the note of the drivers I really hate when people do this at highways speeds in traffic, although I do enjoy taking someone on from stop light to stop light with no one infront of me, every now and then.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233

Well after reading some of the above posts saying it was some sort of speed contest my point does not matter much. M y point is, though, if the accident happened like the article said, than the type of car doesnt matter. You could get a Civic up to enough speed to do the same type of damage in the same type of accident. High performance car means crap when cruising at high speed, any car can do that, some just get there quicker.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

What moron moves out of the way into the left (passing) lane? Ok, if they were racing they're all idiots anyway. But, if they weren't, you don't move out of the way by getting in the way of a proper highway pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

only the driver should die in those situations. takes their bad sperm out of the gene pool.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

wow, I hope wrx's dont get a bad rap from this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.