Street Racing = Tragic - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing = Tragic within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RepresentTexas This may sound ignorant. Sometimes when i'm really late for work and the rest of the ...

Quote Originally Posted by RepresentTexas
    This may sound ignorant. Sometimes when i'm really late for work and the rest of the city is gettign off work (i work late) there are allways morons driving slow in the fast lane and trying to police the highways themselves. I think they are more dangerous than people who are simply driving fast in the fast lane. I also think people who don;'t use their mirrors and their signals are more dangerous than people simply speeding. People who slam on their brakes in the fast lane when they see you coming behind....and talk on their cell phones...i once saw a girl painting her nails on the highway.......these people are the dangerous drivers...people speeding in the fast lane increase the chance of injuries or death in accidents...but not the accidents themselves....when i'm not in a hurry...i still drive using signals and i get out of the fast lane so people in a hurry can go by.

It's funny that people get tickets for speeding bu not for acting like morons while they drive. Their should be some moron traps.
    +Oye Como Va
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RepresentTexas
    This may sound ignorant. Sometimes when i'm really late for work and the rest of the city is gettign off work (i work late) there are allways morons driving slow in the fast lane and trying to police the highways themselves. I think they are more dangerous than people who are simply driving fast in the fast lane. I also think people who don;'t use their mirrors and their signals are more dangerous than people simply speeding. People who slam on their brakes in the fast lane when they see you coming behind....and talk on their cell phones...i once saw a girl painting her nails on the highway.......these people are the dangerous drivers...people speeding in the fast lane increase the chance of injuries or death in accidents...but not the accidents themselves....when i'm not in a hurry...i still drive using signals and i get out of the fast lane so people in a hurry can go by.

It's funny that people get tickets for speeding bu not for acting like morons while they drive. Their should be some moron traps.
    Agreed. I have driven the Autobahn in Germany at 120 mph. You check your mirrors and use your turn signals. If you move into the left lane to pass, you make sure you can pass then move back to the right lane. A BMW or Benz at 150 mph comes up very fast even when you're doing 120. In a country where high speeds are common, the drivers are better trained. They concentrate on driving; not putting on makeup, drinking coffee, or text messaging on a cell phone. An easy rule to remember: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS.
    Need a hobby? Carve concrete...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlr888
    A BMW or Benz at 150 mph comes up very fast even when you're doing 120. In a country where high speeds are common, the drivers are better trained. They concentrate on driving; not putting on makeup, drinking coffee, or text messaging on a cell phone. An easy rule to remember: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS.
    It's so easy to follow that rule in Germany. I'm always driving my mother-in-law's Corolla and on 3-lane a-bahns, the trucks are in the right lane going about 50 MPH, the middle are the normal people, and Gunther and co. (the name my in-laws have for the collective crazed driver on the a-bahn) on the left who hate their job, their wives, etc. but cream about their cars and drive like mutherhuckers.

I don't think they're consistently great drivers though. Gunther has been known to cause a 50-60 car pile up with two dozen or so fatalities. They'll drive like idiots in the fog, in the rain, on snow, etc. Just cause they aren't on cell phones doesn't mean they always have good judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    It's so easy to follow that rule in Germany. I'm always driving my mother-in-law's Corolla and on 3-lane a-bahns, the trucks are in the right lane going about 50 MPH, the middle are the normal people, and Gunther and co. (the name my in-laws have for the collective crazed driver on the a-bahn) on the left who hate their job, their wives, etc. but cream about their cars and drive like mutherhuckers.
    Gunther and co. gf's dad was a Gunther
    The driving slow in the left-hand lane thing has to be Stress-Inducer #1 on America's highways. Having lived and driven in Germany for a couple years, I got spoiled by traffic that would merge back into the right-hand lane after passing on the left. I took that for granted. Boo to Passing Lane Squatters.

meditation on the speed limit

Maybe inappropriate speed limits, and not slow drivers, are to blame. check this out- This video was shot in Atlanta. It's going to piss 90% of you off just to watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...745475&q=speed

Quote Originally Posted by mbible
    Maybe inappropriate speed limits, and not slow drivers, are to blame. check this out- This video was shot in Atlanta. It's going to piss 90% of you off just to watch it.

WOW....
    great freaking find bro.......
    I'm speechless

This proves my point in so many ways............
    if they would have left the fast lane open everyone would have went around them. everyone.

I love it!!!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by mbible

The worst part is they knowingly created a potentially fatal situation, and thought it was great... I get the point they were trying to get across, but what if there was an emergency and an ambulance couldnt get there in time because of the back up in traffic that they caused, and the person died. I could have sworn blocking traffic and pacing was illegal in almost any state, as is driving in the passing lane on a restricted access highway....
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

it would have been funnier if someone got a case of roadrage and blasted one of them in the head.

I'd lol.

I think thats tight and someone needs to do that in CA. for a few exits. Record it, and send it into some news stations.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    it would have been funnier if someone got a case of roadrage and blasted one of them in the head.

I'd lol.

yup, either way its dangerous in more ways than they think. i hope they choke myself.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    yup, either way its dangerous in more ways than they think. i hope they choke myself.
    +2 on choking myslef

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlr888
    Agreed. I have driven the Autobahn in Germany at 120 mph. You check your mirrors and use your turn signals. If you move into the left lane to pass, you make sure you can pass then move back to the right lane. A BMW or Benz at 150 mph comes up very fast even when you're doing 120. In a country where high speeds are common, the drivers are better trained. They concentrate on driving; not putting on makeup, drinking coffee, or text messaging on a cell phone. An easy rule to remember: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS.
    Here's the problem as i see it, young kids in the states "learn" to drive with their mom or dad who never "learned" how to drive, in almost every european country you have to go to school for that and cant take your road test until the school says your ready, why not do it here in the states where fast cars are more available and affordable, there isnt a single 16 year old who knows how to drive fast or safe, on my recent 8 hour trip from ny to mi i almost got ran off the road 5 times by people on phones, reading books, doing their make up, there is no reason for that, and if you speed up to pass some ass who doesnt know which pedal which you get the ticket, not fair, i am trying to get somewhere alive and if im doing 80 in the 70 i have more of a chance to get away fromm all the retards in conclusion faster speed mean you are more aware of what is going on smart and safe drivers arent born but are learned and it just doesnt happen here in the good old US sorry for the long post
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    smart and safe drivers arent born but are learned and it just doesnt happen here in the good old US sorry for the long post
    Except for you right.

In CA i know to get your drivers license you need to take a few classes, which gets expensive. If they offered those same classes in schools they do in germany it'd be nice.
    But your stupid if you think, in germany they teach 16 year olds how to drive at 150mph+ speeds. Cause I'm sure they don't wanna encourage it

amen on street racing can be tragic, had some friends die at a street race in atlanta in their beamer. was a gross outcome. but im not here to argue about the bads of street racing, just hope whoever reads this and does it, please think twice about it. everyone says it wont happen to them, well my friends said those same words and they dont even go out there all the time. that accident changed my view on it, i used to think it was ok, i used to do it myself back in the day never had any problems. anyways just think about it before you go out there. it shouldnt have to take a accident to change a view like it did for me. the worst part isnt when u hurt yourself, its when u do it and hurt others.
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.