Street Racing = Tragic - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing = Tragic within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by TacticalNuke What moron moves out of the way into the left (passing) lane? Ok, if they were ...

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    What moron moves out of the way into the left (passing) lane? Ok, if they were racing they're all idiots anyway. But, if they weren't, you don't move out of the way by getting in the way of a proper highway pass.
    Agreed.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    This wasn't streetracing, it was stupidity.

Street racing is a new buzz-word for the media.
    Whatever you want to call it, it's wrong to race on the streets. Take it to the track
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

This may sound ignorant. Sometimes when i'm really late for work and the rest of the city is gettign off work (i work late) there are allways morons driving slow in the fast lane and trying to police the highways themselves. I think they are more dangerous than people who are simply driving fast in the fast lane. I also think people who don;'t use their mirrors and their signals are more dangerous than people simply speeding. People who slam on their brakes in the fast lane when they see you coming behind....and talk on their cell phones...i once saw a girl painting her nails on the highway.......these people are the dangerous drivers...people speeding in the fast lane increase the chance of injuries or death in accidents...but not the accidents themselves....when i'm not in a hurry...i still drive using signals and i get out of the fast lane so people in a hurry can go by.

It's funny that people get tickets for speeding bu not for acting like morons while they drive. Their should be some moron traps.

it siad the girls in the back were both thrown out and died yet everyone was whereing seat belts, that sucks

that was sucha big news @ my school yesterday..
    it wasn't even funny.
    03' C i

The only ways I can see that these girls were thrown from the car while wearing seatbelts are:

1. The car rolled, but from the picture it didn't cause there is no roof damage.
    2. The seat belts failed... Highly unlikely.

State tropper was wrong or got a BS story from those who lived.

I've been in a fire dept for 8 years and have yet to see one person thrown from a vehicle that was wearing their seat belt. Even when rolled multiple times.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

Quote Originally Posted by RepresentTexas
    This may sound ignorant. Sometimes when i'm really late for work and the rest of the city is gettign off work (i work late) there are allways morons driving slow in the fast lane and trying to police the highways themselves. I think they are more dangerous than people who are simply driving fast in the fast lane. I also think people who don;'t use their mirrors and their signals are more dangerous than people simply speeding. People who slam on their brakes in the fast lane when they see you coming behind....and talk on their cell phones...i once saw a girl painting her nails on the highway.......these people are the dangerous drivers...people speeding in the fast lane increase the chance of injuries or death in accidents...but not the accidents themselves....when i'm not in a hurry...i still drive using signals and i get out of the fast lane so people in a hurry can go by.

It's funny that people get tickets for speeding bu not for acting like morons while they drive. Their should be some moron traps.

I agree 100% i have to deal with the exact same thing i work second shift so i get a lot of people who do that. I seen a broad this is no lie i swear on my forsaken soul just merg right into the front of a semi. I dont know if she was blind out of her right eye or what. I mean c mon IT'S A FREAKING SEMI how do you miss that. Then the other day I was rollin along at prolly about 75 80 and sombody was doin a little less then me in the far left lane seen me ( or heard me) comming and stomped on his brakes when i started to get close becase i was tryin to get in front of a mini van motorcade. I wasnt goin to sit out in the lane liek him. Just try and get by and go on with my life. I wish it was leagle to shoot out peoples tires that act like that.
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Newks
    I agree 100% i have to deal with the exact same thing i work second shift so i get a lot of people who do that. I seen a broad this is no lie i swear on my forsaken soul just merg right into the front of a semi. I dont know if she was blind out of her right eye or what. I mean c mon IT'S A FREAKING SEMI how do you miss that. Then the other day I was rollin along at prolly about 75 80 and sombody was doin a little less then me in the far left lane seen me ( or heard me) comming and stomped on his brakes when i started to get close becase i was tryin to get in front of a mini van motorcade. I wasnt goin to sit out in the lane liek him. Just try and get by and go on with my life. I wish it was leagle to shoot out peoples tires that act like that.
    how about your already doing 70+ in a 55mph zone and some a$$hat literally tailgates you on an open latenight highway and nights before cut you off almost taking your bumper. when there was no reason to get so close..... i wouldnt let this guy pass for about 15 miles finally. i work late too btw.

driving fast is alot diffrent than streetracing. i find nothing wrong with streetracing as long as you are somewhat smart as to what your doing. if it wasnt for streetracing then fast cars wouldnt ever have been in demand, there wouldnt be many dragstrips at all, and no horsepower wars, wheres the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    how about your already doing 70+ in a 55mph zone and some a$$hat literally tailgates you on an open latenight highway and nights before cut you off almost taking your bumper. when there was no reason to get so close..... i wouldnt let this guy pass for about 15 miles finally. i work late too btw.

driving fast is alot diffrent than streetracing. i find nothing wrong with streetracing as long as you are somewhat smart as to what your doing. if it wasnt for streetracing then fast cars wouldnt ever have been in demand, there wouldnt be many dragstrips at all, and no horsepower wars, wheres the fun in that?
    Plain and simple, you could have moved over let him pass, and then moved back over never missing a beat. But instead you felt he needed to slow down..so you were gonna make him wait, good for you but i still feel you would have been just as responsible for an accident as him. It's called defensive driving. One day your gonna be in a huge hurry for something, who know, late for work, some one is in trouble, gonna miss a flight, and some one allready going 75 in the fast lane is gonna make you wait 15 miles before they let you pass. Karma my friend...

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXDriver82
    The only ways I can see that these girls were thrown from the car while wearing seatbelts are:

1. The car rolled, but from the picture it didn't cause there is no roof damage.
    2. The seat belts failed... Highly unlikely.

State tropper was wrong or got a BS story from those who lived.

I've been in a fire dept for 8 years and have yet to see one person thrown from a vehicle that was wearing their seat belt. Even when rolled multiple times.
    I thought that was odd as well....unless they were extremely thin or small...which could be the case for teenage girls?
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Quote Originally Posted by RepresentTexas
    Plain and simple, you could have moved over let him pass, and then moved back over never missing a beat. But instead you felt he needed to slow down..so you were gonna make him wait, good for you but i still feel you would have been just as responsible for an accident as him. It's called defensive driving. One day your gonna be in a huge hurry for something, who know, late for work, some one is in trouble, gonna miss a flight, and some one allready going 75 in the fast lane is gonna make you wait 15 miles before they let you pass. Karma my friend...
    ok im going to move over already doing 20mph over speedlimit when theres two empty lanes next to me. i was ahead of him, and when you just miss hitting me the same way the night before , definately not happening

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    ok im going to move over already doing 20mph over speedlimit when theres two empty lanes next to me. i was ahead of him, and when you just miss hitting me the same way the night before , definately not happening
    well if the other lanes are empty than he was just being an arse. i guess some people just like to annoy people with nicer cars.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    . i guess some people just like to annoy people with nicer cars.
    ain't that the truth. I get that all the time from people in the worst cars that think they have teh fAstest eVar... (i.e. Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition )
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I'm a youngin' hoping for a WRX but I sure as hell won't be doing anything this stupid.

I half agree with whoever said kids+fast cars = bad idea... Not all kids think they are 'invincible' on the road as my mother likes to put it. But yes, most do. I know I sure as hell wouldn't trust my friend with any vehicle remotely powerful; he is a complete moron behind the wheel (and his GPA is over 4.0, the irony). It's not that he's a bad driver skillwise but rather he makes terrible decisions, usually involved with trying to have fun or showing off. The educated, responsible kids, who actually read and learn from stories like these can be trusted more in a higher preformance car (but still not trusted completely). How can anyone tell which category a kid falls into? Honestly, I don't think you can until you ride with them, and that still is a shaky factor.

I know that my decision-making on the road is good, but since I'm a bit shy of 17 I obviously don't have the skill to be pushing it to the limit yet. And I won't.

But that doesn't mean I can't have a WRX.

WOW nice car now lower it and put some rims on it !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.