Alternator Probs?

This is a discussion on Alternator Probs? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I finish washing my car last week, following that i decide to start it, it doesnt so i jump ...

Alternator Probs?

So, I finish washing my car last week, following that i decide to start it, it doesnt so i jump it and get going. All the sudden, the car shuts off while driving. Attempted to restart and no luck...I then go to local PepBoys and buy a battery I had my eye on for a while, Optima Red Top (good stuff btw). Apex TT reads usually around 13-14.4 volts while running. Then, I do some engine work and wash my car today. Started getting the same problem again...I look under the hood, and notice the copper coil wire do-dads arent spinning in there, which idk if they do, but i see the pulley (aem UDP) is spinning away (along with wahat appears to be the fan inside the alternator). Not sure if it is the alternator or the car wash, but any advice would be appreciatted. Who knows, maybe some thing is grounded, but car shuts off while driving, or need a new coil dodad or Distrib. Cap...
    Chris
    Too much stuff in my car....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

need new alternator

Yeah, just dropped in a 90amp Boche, works excellent...Just found out/realized, my amp wouldnt come on a day or so before the alternator totally went out and wouldnt start...Thanks.
    Too much stuff in my car....