Fuel Filter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fuel Filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; couple questions about fuel filter change. i know i am supposed to research first, i went through ten pages of ...

Fuel Filter

couple questions about fuel filter change. i know i am supposed to research first, i went through ten pages of threads and all i saw was dash squeaking and oil questions, so i thought i would go fresh. anyway,

1. do there exist intstructions for changing the fuel filter?

2. how do you shutoff/bleed the fule lines, i can find no fuse or shutoff switch (some cars have these)

just wanted to see if anyone had ideas before i doused myself with premium. thanks in advance!
    Congressional Lobbyist for the Bugeye Mafia

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

btw it is an 02 sedan.

when I changed mine I didn't have to bleed the line. There is a thread on changing your filter. I think it is in the tuitorial section. watch out because as soon as I took the hose off I got sprayed pretty good with gas. (which I now find funny but then I didn't think that it was so funny.)
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Here you go I found this for you......

http://www.geocities.com/k91tsi/fuelfilter.htm
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)

watch out because as soon as I took the hose off I got sprayed pretty good with gas.
    thanks, this is what i was trying to avoid! ^

hmm.....i didnt do any of that when i changed my filter. i just let my car sit over night, and then i took the gas cap off a bit before i started working (heard somewhere that was supposed to help relieve some pressure) not sure if its true or not, but i didnt get sprayed when i took the hoses off. you just gotta be real careful w/ it and make sure to wrap it tight w/ rags to catch whatever comes out. only problem i had was i couldnt get the hose off my "out" side tho and ended up having to cut it off and get a new hose to replace it w/

I got sprayed badly too. letting the car sit over night must have been the difference because there was no being careful about it. It came sparaying out like crazy. i guess it is pretty funny looking back with the neighbor watching me too. I've been told to disconnect the battery and wait a minute and it will just drip out. the rest is just remove and replace pretty easy.

I just pulled my gas cap off (not sure if it even helps, but hey) and let my car sit for a couple of hours. Pulled the hoses off the filter, and only a trickle of gas came out. Either I got lucky, or the combination I did helped.
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    i have a diy with pics on how to do this properly and how to do it without letting the car sit overnight....check the tutorial section
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

I took the gas cap off too. But I still got sprayed....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.