Just got some bad news

This is a discussion on Just got some bad news within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got off the phone with the service department after I left my car in for a check up ...

Just got some bad news

I just got off the phone with the service department after I left my car in for a check up about some oil spilling, and they call to tell me that my aftermarket headers(SS AutoChorme) caused my passenger side valve seal to prematurely melt So to replace both sides its gonna cost me $483 installed. Now I know why the cusco and hks headers have heat shields. All of this just happen after 2 years with my headers and only 38500 miles on the odo. This only helps the fact that I'm looking for a new car
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sucks it is a shame that some after market manufacturers don't go to the proper lengths to ensure their products won't cause damage in the long term. Hope all goes well with the repair.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

+1
    outa Mai w@y...