Amsoil
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Amsoil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wonder if anyone uses it in there car and if they like it more than mobil oil...

Amsoil

wonder if anyone uses it in there car and if they like it more than mobil oil

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i hate AMSOIL, even their heavy duty diesel/ gasoline mixture... i burn it up even quicker than Mobil 1... 1500 miles and i'm down 2 quarts... HORRIBLE!!! Mobil 1 at least gets me close to 3000 miles before its that low.

MOTUL 5w-50 was the best I've used, lost maybe half a quart by 3000 miles. Castrol is no better no worse than Mobil 1. I'm currently testing out EUNOS 0w-50...
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Nuke209,

I have used Amsoil ATM 10w30 since my '02 was brand spanking new. I just broke 113k and still DO NOT consume any oil and I run this oil for 7500 miles between changes. I have done 4 oil analysis with this oil and everytime the wear metals are almost non-existent. If you are interested I could send you alink to the site that shows the analysis performed.

I can't say how it compares to M1 but I have had great success with Amsoil products. You can't really judge a quality of oil by how much a specific car consumes of it. There are too many variables that can be the cause of oil consumption other than the oil.

My situation is very different then others as my car is my daily driver with not one modification done and I do not abuse my car either. Knowing the amount of miles I drive in a year I try to get the best gas mileage possible, which means staying out of the throttle.

I hope this helps

I Support ClubWRX
    I like amsoil. I like it better than M1 to tell you the truth. Their 5w-40 is great and holds up just as well if not better than the M1 5w-40 TSUV. You can't really go wrong with either. Try one out and see how it acts in your car.

Sonic, which M1 and amsoil weights are you comparing?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX

Sonic?

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Sonic, which M1 and amsoil weights are you comparing?
    Good question -- what weights are you using? I guess if the miles you mention are all stages I can see that much consumption, but if not I'd be a little interested in what the motor is doing (PCV system, intake, turbo seals etc.) because that consumption is a bit high.

I can't get M1 5W-40 T/SUV to burn and I go 5,000 on the stuff (a bit longer if I'm lazy).

You know, one point to consider is to give a new oil a chance (say, two drain intervals or more). First time round, it's really a mixture with your old oil anyway... I noticed my consumption dropped gradually (3 changes from M1 10W-30 and up t0 600 ml per 3750ish miles to my now "0" use pattern with M1 5W-40). You've listed really good oils, that's why I'm wondering.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.