Subaru WRX Forum banner

OMG, just hit my car, having a panic attack!!!!!!!!!!

4K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  cavallino333 
#1 · (Edited)
OMG, just hit my car, having a panic attack!!!!!!!!!! PICS (no 56k)

Aaaack! I was in the parking garage at work (very limited parking and horrible design!) and pulled into a tight spot between an idiot parking job and a cement wall. Well I cut the wall too close and WHAM! tore off part of the passenger side bumper practically! Now I"m having a total panic attack but I was already late to work!!! I dont' know what to do?!!?!?! This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I'm freaking OUT! I don't think it would be a good idea to call the insurance company, would it?OMG, omg, omg! Just calm down heather.... I can't even get ahold of my bf or anyone!!!! ARGGGGG!!!!!! Funny how the first thing I do is jump on clubwrx. I'll take pics later of course.

How am I supposed to get through the day!?! My baby's been hurt!!!!!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
yow. sorry to hear it. I think you need to get a damage estimate then figure out whether it's worth calling the insurance company. Just the rear bumper, not too big a deal. I had the rear bumper and entire rear liftgate replaced for a little over $1000. If it's just the front bumper, and you haven't painted it pink yet, you might find a salvaged one that's in your color and that would save you a ton of cash.

In the future, try backing into those crappy spaces. Takes longer, but the physics make more sense.

#5 ·
Heather, the car will be ok. Unless it is falling off/dragging in the ground, your car is fine to drive.

Now, before you make the claim I would check first to see if it is worth it to get the insurance involved. Take it to a body shop to get an estimate, or at least post some pics and hopefully Trainrex can tell you what he thinks.

That's what I would do. Good luck. Accidents happen.

Sorry car. :sadwave:

#9 ·
The damage really isn't that bad at all. I don't think it will quite "buff out", but it doesn't look like you will need much more than a new bumper. It looks like there is a bumper support that has damage, but that could probably be bent back in or replaced. Your baby will be back together and pink in no time.

#11 ·
It needs a cover, and a rebar.
You have about a 1% chance of finding a used one through a salvage yard. Odds are you'll end up paying between $600-$1000 at a body shop, depending on the shop and their quality of work.

Putting it through your insurance is up to you and your wallet. Personally, I wouldn't.

#12 ·
Speedette said:
I'm a fukin retard.
Heather, don't beat yourself up over this. It isn't very bad. Like everyone has said, you just look like you need a new bumper, not even a new fog light.

Think of it as an oppurtunity to get a nice aftermarket bumper :cool: Maybe a member here has one for sale or something. WRB is a very popular color and I don't see you having a hard time finding something.

Every one of us has done something to one of thier vehicles that we kick ourselves for. As for myself, I took a turn in my old grand prix and i clipped the curb at the apex and it ripped my rim and tire to shreds. I drove around with 3 silver mesh alloys and 1 white 5 spoked monte carlo rim for about a year.

Good luck!

~myke

#13 ·
Now it's your opportunity to get it painted pink :tongue:

#14 ·
Thats ok you take out the front bumper and I dent my back bumper.
I guess its time for a new bumper aftermarket.

#15 ·
For someone that cares so much about their car, I can feel your pain Heather. No worries, it will cost some money, but it is totally fixable. Keep the insurance out of it. Its better to fix that yourself and save the insurance for the really expensive repairs. So.....body kits anyone?

#17 ·
Speedette said:
Thanks everyone, for your comments/condolensces/concern. It made me feel a little better! :) I guess what's done is done, so now I just need to work towards fixing the damages. Time to get a nice lip kit and paint job....

That's the right attitude. We all do dumb things to the ones we love sometimes. :tongue:

#19 ·
damage isnt that bad, just search on for a used bumper. chances are that you'll find one, just that it wont be in great shape so you might have to get a new one..

good luck on your search, be patient and just pay for it out of pocket, no need to get the insurance company involved when you can just pay for it yourself.

#20 ·
Sorry that happened to you, Heather. It's a bummer when you inflict the damage yourself. I scraped up my first WRX on someone's metal mailbox. My wife had to stop me from pulling the trigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.