P0304 Cylinder Misfire Code on my stock 04 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P0304 Cylinder Misfire Code on my stock 04 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; like the title says i have gotten 2 p0304 Cylinder misfire codes....these came on strangely as i started the car ...

P0304 Cylinder Misfire Code on my stock 04 wrx

like the title says i have gotten 2 p0304 Cylinder misfire codes....these came on strangely as i started the car this morning...the only odd thing that i can remember is that i used some 2 gallons of 100 octane race gas a couple of tanks ago. Im stumped.
    Should i take it to the dealer...i have just gotten out of my warranty at 37000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

UPDATE:

well i am not really stock...i had the 3/16 th mod. Had a AirHOG filter and a chopped intake silencer jug. So frustrated i first un did the 3/16th mod (i was spiking upto 15.5 psi in each gear) i just went to pep boys and put in a 1/8th connector and some new vaccum hose....then i reset the ECU....

Killed the power by disconnecting the battery...stepping on the brake 5 times and letting the car sit for 35 mins disconnected.

Powered her back on let her idle for about 10 mins so she can re learn her idle. Than procedded to the gas station bought some injector cleaner and then took it on a 150 mile long drive the next day...

its been 200 miles now and NO CEL thankgod.

I hope it doesnt come back.

update?

Quote Originally Posted by j*bishop View Post
    update?
    Well i sold the car on Jan 29th.. with 49520 miles and never got the CEL again during this thread and the sale of the car.

aaahh no worries. thx.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.