Someone hit MagikMan's Vette! Right as another accident happens!

This is a discussion on Someone hit MagikMan's Vette! Right as another accident happens! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So yesterday I pull into my condo parking lot and I see this commotion. My bf, his dad, and our ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Someone hit MagikMan's Vette! Right as another accident happens!

So yesterday I pull into my condo parking lot and I see this commotion. My bf, his dad, and our neighbor Phil (take note) are standing outside and I jump out to say Hi. My bf waltzes over to me and says "someone hit my vette!" Dazed, it takes a second to comprehend the information! "What!!?" I finally utter and he brings me over to the drivers side of his vette. He's parked head-in the parking spot, where he parked Friday and hasn't touched it since. All along the rear panel, wheel, rim, and bumper there are heavy scrapes, grayish paint, and fiberglass powder! He then shows me plastic chips he found in his tire and on the ground from someone's lights! Before I have a chance to ask questions, he tells me he's already found out who did it! Flashback: When his dad got home he had parked next to the vette and noticed the markings. He asked Adam if he had hit something with the Vette and they ran out to take a look. Adam found the plastic chips and he walked around the parking lot to try to find the car. He finally did! It was a grayish Camry parked innocently a few spots down. It was unmistakable that this was the car because it has scrapes all over the front passenger side bumper and panel, red paint markings, and the plastic chips fit perfectly like a puzzle in the busted headlight. As he was examining the Camry, someone from above shouts down, "Is there a problem? Why are you looking at my car!?" And Adam responds, "Uh, yeah there's a problem! You hit my car!!!" So the neighbor comes down with his wife and at first they deny it, etc. Turns out it was their 18-year old daughter whom they couldn't get a hold of to ask if she had hit someone and didn't tell them. Stupid young drivers! ::Sigh:: So they were denying it at first saying that their daughter was really responsible and would have told them, but we showed them the evidence. So we called the cops and took pictures, etc. They're lucky they admitted fault finally so they weren't charged with a hit and run! Sucks though, poor vette.

MEANWHILE, at the same time we were discussing the situation with the neighbors, people are arriving home from work, etc. So there's a lot of hustle and bustle. All of a sudden there's this huge BOOM!!!!!!!! We look up and see a red Jeep truck had hit another car about 10 feet from us!!! Coincidentally, our neighbor Phil who was discussing the vette incident with us had gone to take trash out of his Jeep and walked to the garbage bin to toss it. Well he forgot to put his Jeep in gear, and it has a faulty e-brake, so it rolled forward out of his parking spot and across into a row of parked cars! It hit a Mitsubishi Lancer pretty hard. Funny thing is, his wife's car was directly in front of the Jeep's spot and right to the right of the Lancer, but because the Jeep's wheels were turned it just missed his wife's car and hit the Lancer. The Lancer, it turns out, is a rental that belongs to our other neighbor! The bumper was pretty smacked up. The Jeep---completely unharmed LOL. So all these accidents and commotion going on at once! Sheesh!

I'm debating parking my car at the other end of the lot from now on.

Oh, and pics to come!!!

CN: Come home to find bf's parked vette had been hit by car. Scraped up rear quarter panel, wheel, and bumper. Found car...it was a Camry. Young driver. Should have been a hit and run charge, but they were nice about it (after we called cops). At same time, vacant red Jeep truck rolls out of parking spot and hits Lancer. Craziness ensues!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn!! To tie this into your other thread, I don't care where you live just you and your pink Rex the hell out of there!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Damn!! To tie this into your other thread, I don't care where you live just you and your pink Rex the hell out of there!
    No kidding! Would this make my car look ricey?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    No kidding! Would this make my car look ricey?!?
    No, not ricey. You would just need some lifting springs and some 18" wheels with mudder tires.

Think about it, it does have teh 4wd.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    wow... alot of sh1t happening where you live...lets us know what happens with the camry n vette.

Show us the pics too!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

sucks to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW
    Show us the pics too!
    +1 for pics
    Sorry to hear all this.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Bump for pics!! My bf took them though, and the damage was worse than it looks. Didn't get any pics of the Jeep/Lancer accident because was too busy showing the cop the evidence.

The poor vette:

The hit and runner: