gas mileage on wrx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on gas mileage on wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2002 wrx with 77000 miles and i wanted to know what kind of mpg i should ...

gas mileage on wrx

I just bought a 2002 wrx with 77000 miles and i wanted to know what kind of mpg i should expect for it since its stock besides the 3 inch str8 pipe all the way back, and a no name blow off. right now i get about 150 mile per tank but i want to kno if thats what im suppose to get when its bone stock. because it smells really rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i get 300 miles exactly when i stay off of boost in stop and go traffic and freeway under 75 mph

150 per tank sounds realy low for me to achieve that id have to be flooring it and shifting at redline for the whole tank in alot of stop and go traffic

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It really depends alot on how your car is driven. I get 21mpg in the city with a Cobb Stg.1 setup.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I'm barely breaking 200 per tank, but my dealer is an idiot and some moron mechanic left a vacum return line for the fuel system disconnected for the last month that ive had the car so thats why my mileage is so ****ty, but its gettign better since last thursday so ill keep you updated
    former suby driver... current saab driver

I get 300 miles per tank with typical mixed driving. On a long highway trip doing 70/75 I easily get 350+ miles and can usually go to 375 miles even before the gas light comes on.

300-330 miles per fillup in an 05 WRX wagon.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by conquera89
    I just bought a 2002 wrx with 77000 miles and i wanted to know what kind of mpg i should expect for it since its stock besides the 3 inch str8 pipe all the way back, and a no name blow off. right now i get about 150 mile per tank but i want to kno if thats what im suppose to get when its bone stock. because it smells really rich
    wow I didn't read that completely... yeah something is hugely wrong. it has a 15.9 gal tank, how mucu are you putting in at each fill-up? If you're only putting in 6 gallons, it's not really a problem.. but you should be able to put in 14 or more gallons from "E".

the rich smell may be from not having a catalytic converter.
    Dave
    01 RS

I usually get 18 mpg. I used to get 20-21mpg but since I've had my new tries I've gotten 18-19 mpg
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I have an 2005 STI and I got 385 miles to a tank and I still can get at least 200 miles per tank when I am beating the crap out of it. That is some low mileage. Get some injector cleaner or something

I have a 2003 and I usually get 300-330 to a tank

I can usualy average about 225 miles (city) on a little more than 3/4 of a tank. That's if I shift between 2.5-3 and don't go WOT.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I get about 23 with everday driving and about 19 with agressive driving. I have an 02 wrx with a K&N drop in filter.

About 22 MPG (I've calculaeted mileage with most fillups for the last 81,000 miles). This while running a nicely moded, smooth runing, inspectable, Vishnu machine.
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

Quote Originally Posted by C-Nears
    I have an 2005 STI and I got 385 miles to a tank and I still can get at least 200 miles per tank when I am beating the crap out of it. That is some low mileage. Get some injector cleaner or something
    you gotta be kidding me, i'm gonna call BS... is that estimated, or actually documented mileage? that means if you run it from straight Full to completely COMPLETELY Empty, you're getting 24.2mpg... We all know that manufacturers have ways of getting spectacular mpg ratings that nobody can achieve.. especially in these cars. My car has run out of gas on me twice and I could only put about 15 gallons in it.. That means if you run out of gas AS you're pulling up to the gas station, you'd have gotten 25.6 mpg.

So, were you driving downhill the entire time or what?

edit- I've never managed to get more than 21.2 mpg out of my car. and that was on a road trip out of Denver back to seal level, so I was actually driving downhill the entire time.
    Dave
    01 RS

i only got 194 out of this tank but i was pushing it toward the end since it had just broken in. Also i only go to 3/4 of a tank before filling up.
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast