gas mileage on wrx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on gas mileage on wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 385 on an sti cannot be possible not calling you a liar or tryna offend anyone but god either loves ...

385 on an sti cannot be possible not calling you a liar or tryna offend anyone but god either loves you more or thats km your talking about

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last tank the empty light kicked in at about 293 miles.... Ive gotten 310 until the light when i drove like a grandma.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

With spirited city driving, 23 mpg in the summer and 20 mpg in the winter.

i was just wouldering what kind of mpg would you get with a wrx producing 500whp?

yea i to get around 300 ~ 320 mpg now that my car has broken in somewhat. But when i was doing my vehicle break in, it was a gas guzzler.

i get like 200 if i baby it lol mobs can get you some bad gass mi

Yup, bad gas will definitely lower your mpg, as will a heavy right foot.
    I've got 75,000 on my 2002 sedan, which was my company car up til 70K.
    About 16 gallons is the most I've pumped into it. Worst mileage has been
    around 20. Best was 29.5 at about a constant 70 mph on the way to Reno,
    bone stock/no mods. It usually does 22-23mpg in mixed driving or around
    310-325 miles per tank

I get around 233 miles on a tank and I have a Ingen Cold Air Intake and a Turbo XS BOV.

Quote Originally Posted by subytuner6969
    I get around 233 miles on a tank and I have a Ingen Cold Air Intake and a Turbo XS BOV.

Thats pretty bad milage.... not much over 14mpg with mods that do nothing to performance. Do you drive like a crazy person?
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Thats pretty bad milage.... not much over 14mpg with mods that do nothing to performance. Do you drive like a crazy person?
    +1 I got 14mpg when I had my Yukon.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by subytuner6969
    a BOV does nothing for gass...

I average 24.5 mpg, which comes out to just below 400 miles per tank at 15.9 gallons. I consistently get over 300 miles before I fill up, usually with 12-13 gallons.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    a BOV does nothing for gass...
    yes it does. it causes the car to run rich between shifts, which can noticably reduce mileage in city driving where you're shifting constantly.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    you gotta be kidding me, i'm gonna call BS... is that estimated, or actually documented mileage? that means if you run it from straight Full to completely COMPLETELY Empty, you're getting 24.2mpg... We all know that manufacturers have ways of getting spectacular mpg ratings that nobody can achieve.. especially in these cars. My car has run out of gas on me twice and I could only put about 15 gallons in it.. That means if you run out of gas AS you're pulling up to the gas station, you'd have gotten 25.6 mpg.

So, were you driving downhill the entire time or what?

edit- I've never managed to get more than 21.2 mpg out of my car. and that was on a road trip out of Denver back to seal level, so I was actually driving downhill the entire time.
    27 mpg in the summer
    24 mpg in the winter
    mostly highway miles
    no kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell
    I average 24.5 mpg, which comes out to just below 400 miles per tank at 15.9 gallons. I consistently get over 300 miles before I fill up, usually with 12-13 gallons.
    This had better be highmay miles.... I'm barely startign to break in to the 230s with mixed highway and spirited driving...
    former suby driver... current saab driver

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.