When to clean injectors?

This is a discussion on When to clean injectors? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I've been told the injectors (or fuel line) needs to be cleaned/flushed every 22k miles...Any thoughts? If so, I ...

When to clean injectors?

Hey, I've been told the injectors (or fuel line) needs to be cleaned/flushed every 22k miles...Any thoughts? If so, I should be taking it in asap!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Never heard that...is a dealership or shop telling you that?

i typically run a fuel system cleaner every oil change or so. i reccomend techron/chevron fuel system cleaner. stay away from gumout or gunk products, they are really novelty, and don't have results at all.

that's about all the maintenance your fuel system will need aside from the occasional filter change every 30K or so.

dR

Well, I'm sure Subaru replaced my filter when I took it in for 30k.

The people who told me to clean the fuel injectors were at Jiffy Lube :P They've tried to get me to pay 50 bucks twice now.

Ya ya ya...I know...don't go to Jiffy Lube...

Yeah, JL will try to sell you all kinds of needless services.

I personally don't ever use any kind of injector cleaner, because I hit WOT rather often - which does all the necessary cleaning needed in my opinion. I also change my fuel filter every 15k.

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |