something i did ????

This is a discussion on something i did ???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok sold the 02 wrx about 9 months ago. 65k miles good shape. exhaust, springs, silencer removed are the mods ...

something i did ????

ok sold the 02 wrx about 9 months ago. 65k miles good shape. exhaust, springs, silencer removed are the mods i did. the guy i sold it to calls me a day ago and says that he heard some rapping under neath the hood and it turns out to be a connecting rod broke. he has driven the car for 6k miles since the purchase. i kept the car in good working order since day 1. changed oil reg. i loved that car. went to 2 flash light drags and had a few red light to red light races but by no means did i beat the car. i feel REAL BAD for him and told him if there is anything i can help him with just call. so to get to the point WHY would a connecting rod break ??? just normal wear and tear, lack of oil, faulty rod ?? he called suby and they said that they will look into poss. helping with the cost of the rod but not with labor.

just looking for some input on why this would happen......

thanks

mike
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Rod failure is not normal wear and tear under any circumstances in any modern car with 65K. Either the rod was faulty -- and I'd like to think that's highly unlikely -- or something else happened. The motor could have been stressed and/or modified, for example.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by racerWRX
    ok sold the 02 wrx about 9 months ago. 65k miles good shape. exhaust, springs, silencer removed are the mods i did. the guy i sold it to calls me a day ago and says that he heard some rapping under neath the hood and it turns out to be a connecting rod broke. he has driven the car for 6k miles since the purchase. i kept the car in good working order since day 1. changed oil reg. i loved that car. went to 2 flash light drags and had a few red light to red light races but by no means did i beat the car. i feel REAL BAD for him and told him if there is anything i can help him with just call. so to get to the point WHY would a connecting rod break ??? just normal wear and tear, lack of oil, faulty rod ?? he called suby and they said that they will look into poss. helping with the cost of the rod but not with labor.

just looking for some input on why this would happen......

thanks

mike

maybe theres sumthing hes not telling you about like maybe he added a t88 at 46psi and boom " yah you sold me a lemon"...
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    maybe theres sumthing hes not telling you about like maybe he added a t88 at 46psi and boom " yah you sold me a lemon"...
    he hasnt modded much futher than i did...just so cosmetic things that's all.
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???