oil in ic hoses
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on oil in ic hoses within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I tried searching for this but i came up with nothing, please point me in the right direction. I just ...

oil in ic hoses

I tried searching for this but i came up with nothing, please point me in the right direction. I just installed some samco ic hoses and i noticed in the old hose there was a lot of oil and gunk caked on the inner walls, I dont think this is supposed to be there, any ideas on why this is happening?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ballabee1
    I tried searching for this but i came up with nothing, please point me in the right direction. I just installed some samco ic hoses and i noticed in the old hose there was a lot of oil and gunk caked on the inner walls, I dont think this is supposed to be there, any ideas on why this is happening?
    Small amounts of oil in the charge pipe are normal. Have you noticed any smoke from the exhaust when you get on it?
    - Local Riceist

Yes small amounts are normal... If theres a lot there is a chance your turbo may be dying. Do some searches for "blow by".... That is the term for it.

I havent noticed any smoke, the car is an 04, I hope the turbo is not dying, boost is still good. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Any help is much appreciated.

If you are really concerned with the oil build up...you could install a catch can! I just did the same after my Samco Hoses for less than $50.
    "Get that damn car offa the hill.....Dude I just got snaked by a Subaru"

I'll just chime in, its pretty common. I've had a pretty decent amount in mine with my stock turbo.

My car is stock with just about 30,000 miles. I changed the pipe and noticed the oil, I guess I never expected oil to be in there. Is this something that I should clean every so often or what? Im sure if people buy the car and never check that sort of thing and drive it forever I guess its not a big deal. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by ballabee1
    My car is stock with just about 30,000 miles. I changed the pipe and noticed the oil, I guess I never expected oil to be in there. Is this something that I should clean every so often or what? Im sure if people buy the car and never check that sort of thing and drive it forever I guess its not a big deal. Thanks for the help.
    I did clean mine out, but it's not needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.