WRX is Lagging
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX is Lagging within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; why wrx is responding a sec or so slower but it picks up on high gears faster? I want it ...

WRX is Lagging

why wrx is responding a sec or so slower but it picks up on high gears faster? I want it to respond faster then it is, what could be the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe you need to be in a lower gear? Wind that motor out!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

RoOks,

It's a little difficult to tell from your post exactly what is troubling you about the car. But is2scooby has taken a pretty good stab at it - you have to keep the car in the power band. The turbo spools up at 3k. If you're dropping below that rpm and punch it, yes - it will take the car a little while to come back on boost.

If you're referring to launching from a standing start and want it to launch harder, you have to rev it up a bit before you slip the clutch or it will bog.

Can you give us more specific information ?
    Old, but not slow.

Me thinks he's talking about turbo lag.

Hammer it!

No, seriously. Run it hard through the gears every time you drive it. I don't mean constantly. Just give it a good blast to remind the ECU of your preferred driving habits.

I've been paw-pawing lately, and when I wanted to play, the car felt like a pig. It's now coming back around.

Peace,

Curtis

PS: This is not intended in any way to be an endorsement for street racing, speeding through school zones, etc. Speed cautiously, preferrably in untraveled/conjested areas.

Re: Hammer it!

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX
    No, seriously. Run it hard through the gears every time you drive it. I don't mean constantly. Just give it a good blast to remind the ECU of your preferred driving habits.
    Yes! It's just like an athlete would "warm up" before an event - if you're driving slowly, and then you want to engage in "spirited driving," you'd want to "warm up" the car first, i.e. don't go from granny-driving to passing-lane maneuvers. The WRX is like a fine woman, you have to get her in the mood.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.