WRX is Lagging

This is a discussion on WRX is Lagging within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; why wrx is responding a sec or so slower but it picks up on high gears faster? I want it ...

WRX is Lagging

why wrx is responding a sec or so slower but it picks up on high gears faster? I want it to respond faster then it is, what could be the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe you need to be in a lower gear? Wind that motor out!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

RoOks,

It's a little difficult to tell from your post exactly what is troubling you about the car. But is2scooby has taken a pretty good stab at it - you have to keep the car in the power band. The turbo spools up at 3k. If you're dropping below that rpm and punch it, yes - it will take the car a little while to come back on boost.

If you're referring to launching from a standing start and want it to launch harder, you have to rev it up a bit before you slip the clutch or it will bog.

Can you give us more specific information ?
    Old, but not slow.

Me thinks he's talking about turbo lag.

Hammer it!

No, seriously. Run it hard through the gears every time you drive it. I don't mean constantly. Just give it a good blast to remind the ECU of your preferred driving habits.

I've been paw-pawing lately, and when I wanted to play, the car felt like a pig. It's now coming back around.

Peace,

Curtis

PS: This is not intended in any way to be an endorsement for street racing, speeding through school zones, etc. Speed cautiously, preferrably in untraveled/conjested areas.

Re: Hammer it!

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX
    No, seriously. Run it hard through the gears every time you drive it. I don't mean constantly. Just give it a good blast to remind the ECU of your preferred driving habits.
    Yes! It's just like an athlete would "warm up" before an event - if you're driving slowly, and then you want to engage in "spirited driving," you'd want to "warm up" the car first, i.e. don't go from granny-driving to passing-lane maneuvers. The WRX is like a fine woman, you have to get her in the mood.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!