Rattle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rattle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, here's another one: We finally got some major snow and cold here in MI, but I hear some kind ...

Rattle

OK, here's another one: We finally got some major snow and cold here in MI, but I hear some kind of a rattle in the back of the car when I drive now (regular home-to-wor on-road driving). No, it's not "trunk items" cause it's empty. It sounds like a loose back windshield! Could it be? Or do you think it's the rear spoiler (stock)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ice

I somtimes get pieces of ice stuck in the little space between the back window and the trunk lid and it rattles like crazy until you slide it out.

trunk rattle

yea i had the same problem for couple days till i opened my trunk and found ice there too

Yep, after one 6'' storm I wasn't able to get around to cleaning the snow of between my back window and spoiler and it all froze. I drove around for a week with all the ice cracking and it sounded like glass was breaking over every decent sized bump. Not a fun feeling
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

My rear deck rattles and creaks when it gets cold. At first I tried to fix it myself with foam insulation - when that didnt work - I brought back to dealer under warranty - they put a new rear deck in - was good for awhile (but really it only got better because it got warmer out - this was last March/April). Now with the cold - its back - not doubt annoying but I sort of just deal with it.

I know that I could fix it if I took the rear deak off and dynamat'd underneath and probably trim the sides - but I dont feel like taking the back seat out.

same issue here, as near as I can figure it's ice in the gutters for the deck lid. Last year I had my wife get in the back seat whild I drove down a bumpy road and found that there was also a rattle comeing from the rear windshield deck, passenger side, that would stop when there was pressure put on it. I never looked too hard into it as I am on the road a lot. I did check the trunk side for anything loose or something that could be causing it and found nothing, I'm thinking a little foam padding in the right spot could stop that one.
    BTW mines an '04 WRX, anyone else?
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine

Backing out of my driveway after a cold night results in just about everything cracking and creaking. Between that and the "frozen gears" the first few minutes or so are not to enjoyable.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

yup

Me too when its cold out and i get in my car and go i cant shift into 2nd i have to go from 1st to 3rd cause it wont go into 2nd until the car warms up

frozen gears

ya same thing happens to me wont go into second and its a fight to get it out of first wats up wit that??

Quote Originally Posted by meiradam View Post
    My rear deck rattles and creaks when it gets cold. At first I tried to fix it myself with foam insulation - when that didnt work - I brought back to dealer under warranty - they put a new rear deck in - was good for awhile (but really it only got better because it got warmer out - this was last March/April). Now with the cold - its back - not doubt annoying but I sort of just deal with it.

I know that I could fix it if I took the rear deak off and dynamat'd underneath and probably trim the sides - but I dont feel like taking the back seat out.
    SAME HERE! i keep taking things out of the back passanger corner including the seat belt and the plastic cover and the noise is still there!!! i wonder what it could be, it drives me crazy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.