2006 wrx door allready damaged!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx door allready damaged!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was soo happy about getting my new 06. I went to the mall the other day and parked far ...

2006 wrx door allready damaged!!

I was soo happy about getting my new 06. I went to the mall the other day and parked far away from everyone. But somehow some person felt they needed to park next to me even though there was about 20 free spots on each side of me. I came out to find my passenger rear door pushed in and a broken marker light on the ground right next to it. I don't understand how people back out of there spot and hit something on the way out. I am going to get an estimate to repair it, I don't want to report it to insurance because I don't want my rates going up. The door is most likely fixable. The window still goes up and down, and it opens and closes fine. Just figured I would vent my frustrations here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't believe your rates go up for making comprehensive claims. I recently had a deer run into the side of my car and when I called up the company and asked if claiming it would affect my rates they said no. One of my friends had a deer demolish the front of his VW Jetta ~3000 in damage and his rates never went up. You can always call and check with them I doubt they will lie to you and if you think they would you might want to switch companies.

Sorry to hear about the damage though I was sad when mine got banged up after just 3 weeks on the road. I think new cars are magnets or something. You need to carry around some road cones with you so you can block off where you are parked. Good luck with the repairs hope they aren't too expensive.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

that sucks. Sorry to hear it. I don't think you get a rate increase for a hit and run.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Thanks guys. I am going to check with the insurance company. If I went through insurance I would have to pay the deductible right? If that's the case I might just fix it on my own unless it's gonna cost more than the deductible to fix then I will go through insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    Thanks guys. I am going to check with the insurance company. If I went through insurance I would have to pay the deductible right? If that's the case I might just fix it on my own unless it's gonna cost more than the deductible to fix then I will go through insurance.
    it's a smaller deductable for a hit and run, at least for me. My regular deductable is $500, but I only had to pay $200 to get my rear lift gate fixed. I think you might have to get a police report # though, and I imagine now it's way after the fact.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    that sucks. Sorry to hear it. I don't think you get a rate increase for a hit and run.
    I'm gonna burts your bubble. My g/f's maxima got wrecked in front of my house in a hit and run accident. Police knows who did it. She's in Allstate and wasn't anywhere near the car when it happened. Still she had to pay the deductible, lost her safe driver discount, and her rates went up. Car has been in the shop for the past almost 4 weeks and she already run out of insurance money for the rental even though she drove a fruity kia.
    Fcking insurance companies only want your dough but when it comes to helping you forget about it.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy
    I'm gonna burts your bubble. My g/f's maxima got wrecked in front of my house in a hit and run accident. Police knows who did it. She's in Allstate and wasn't anywhere near the car when it happened. Still she had to pay the deductible, lost her safe driver discount, and her rates went up. Car has been in the shop for the past almost 4 weeks and she already run out of insurance money for the rental even though she drove a fruity kia.
    Fcking insurance companies only want your dough but when it comes to helping you forget about it.
    That sucks, gotta love insurance companies that are searching for any reason to raise your rates. I deal with State Farm and they have always been good by me. I have thought about shopping around, but wouldn't want to get hosed like that. I luckly have a spare car for while my repairs are getting done and they should only take 3 days so I don't have to deal with a rental.

06-wrx hope that this all works out for the best for you and hope that karma gets who ever it is that hurt your car (maybe loss of a limb or such, seems fair).
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I guess geico was good to me.
    -Lindsay Lohan

my 06 got fuct too

I just got my 06 a little ago, and a few weeks ago i was at my freinds house, and when i got out to my car les than an hour later there was a huge dent in my hood and scratched in front of drive side right under the window, and then whatever hit right there, flew over the car and scraped the rear drive side passenger window and above the handle...i was pisseedd. Fixing it will cost too much, i want to get a carbon fiber hood but i dont have any mods yet, would the CF be tacky without any real mods yet?

I feel your pain

I just bought an 03 wrx in excelent condition, not a scratch on it. Eight days later some guy backes into it breaking the grill and denting the hood in. Luckly He was honest and left me a note with his insurance info.

I Support ClubWRX
    Stone flew up on the highway and scraped/dented the door of my 06......it's impossible to have anything nice.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

damn sorry to hear that guys, hope my 06 limited stays tiptop. on the carbon fiber hood, get it...you will be the first badass on the street.
    i really just dont know which one to buy i know the td04 spools fast but a lil less whp than the GT40R... Hmmm i really just don't know, I'm afarid the td04 will break my tranny so i think i'll just go with the 40r.

anyone know if theres CF goods out for 06 models? or if an 05 hood would fit on a 06?

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx_srh
    anyone know if theres CF goods out for 06 models? or if an 05 hood would fit on a 06?
    you didn't just ask that, did you?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    you didn't just ask that, did you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast