bye bye tranny - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on bye bye tranny within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Why is it that old people always think they are the **** and that they know anything? If i end ...

Why is it that old people always think they are the **** and that they know anything? If i end up like that im going to shoot myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RobertH
    Why is it that old people always think they are the **** and that they know anything? If i end up like that im going to shoot myself.
    Mostly because we are, and we do.

You will end up like this, so you probably should shoot yourself, if that's the way you feel about it.

ribonucleic acid freakout

+ NOTE + Since u all want to know... MY definition of quickshifting is (i only did this a few times) putting the clutch in halfway and dropping into the next gear. I still had alot of room on the clutch before it would be grinding, so its not like i was only opening it up to tightly fit the gear into place.
    no **** you broke it. it is possible to shift a car without using the clutch and not grinding, but it is not good for the tranny. remember the clutch is your freind and your not going to be much faster pushing the clutch half way or all the way in, just think about it. your just either lazy or slow, no offense but its kids like you who give wrx tranny's a bad name.

I have 90k miles on my 2002 stage 2 wrx with hundreds of launches and my tranny is just fine.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

yeah dude, push that clutch in. I don't think the 05 trannies are that weak. I am on a streak of 5+ launches a day @6K rpm. Boyah baby. 4 months past more to go. Well probably not everyday but most of the time I drive my wrx I do it from stoplight to stoplight.
    Last edited by scotts05; 01-25-2006 at 01:27 PM.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Ok...despite what you old people think, the wrx is not that fast...Yes it is sporty, but honestly you make it out to be some terror car that no teen should have. Honestly, it's 4wd, it's not that dangerous. And while I understand some of the older memebers saying this may be validly good drivers, some of them probably arn't. I really don't want to argue, but seriously, you cannot generalize like that. We are all subaru owners, if you like it or not.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Prepare!!

Get ready to rumble with the dealership. And get ready to call Subaru of America to fight with them too. Lost 2nd gear in my car with 19000 miles on it. They said it was from misuse, but when I showed the a picture of the passenger side motor mount nut missing from the last time they worked they changed their tune. Good luck and stand up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    Ok...despite what you old people think, the wrx is not that fast...Yes it is sporty, but honestly you make it out to be some terror car that no teen should have. Honestly, it's 4wd, it's not that dangerous. And while I understand some of the older memebers saying this may be validly good drivers, some of them probably arn't. I really don't want to argue, but seriously, you cannot generalize like that. We are all subaru owners, if you like it or not.
    i'm 22, i got my wrx when i was 20 and i'm giving him ****, don't generalize the older members.

<=====my old baby

Has anyone heard anything on '06 tranny problems? If so, could you post a link to that topic? Does anyone know how strong '06 gears are, I've heard they are forester XT gears, I've heard they are the same as the '04 and '05 (1mm wider than '02 and '03? Could someone just clear all this up?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    yeah dude, push that clutch in. I don't think the 05 trannies are that weak. I am on a streak of 5+ launches a day @6K rpm. Boyah baby. 4 months past more to go. Well probably not everyday but most of the time I drive my wrx I do it from stoplight to stoplight.
    Cue the next "Subaru bastards won't fix my transmission" thread.

^^^^^ he launches his car 5 times a day....thats 5 times as many times i've launched mine in the life of my car... i'm no mechanic, but that can't be good
    '06 wrx wr-blue

scotts05 knows hes gonna break somehting, its just a matter of when. hes been warned so just let him have his fun..
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

LOL, I said the same thing 100 times when I was young. Once your older you'll change your mind.

Its all about experience. A driver of 10+ years will be a better driver in general than 85% of 17 year old drivers out there. The other 15% in that group are mentally challenged, blind, or don't have a license.

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    no **** you broke it. it is possible to shift a car without using the clutch and not grinding, but it is not good for the tranny. remember the clutch is your freind and your not going to be much faster pushing the clutch half way or all the way in, just think about it. your just either lazy or slow, no offense but its kids like you who give wrx tranny's a bad name.

I have 90k miles on my 2002 stage 2 wrx with hundreds of launches and my tranny is just fine.
    Who said they were driving without using the clutch? i dont see that anywhere...

Who said they were driving without using the clutch? i dont see that anywhere...
    he said he pushed the clutch half way in. in my car at least, i can push the clutch almost halfway in before i disengage the clutch at all.

<=====my old baby

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123