bye bye tranny - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on bye bye tranny within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey man what dealer are you taking it to, I am in Houston as well and would like to know ...

Hey man what dealer are you taking it to, I am in Houston as well and would like to know which one so I can avoid them. I talked to a guy once at a meet and he works at the one on 45 and Rankin, I think, somewhere over there. And he says they are the best in Houston when it comes to that stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the only way i could see this happening is if by quick shift he means..

shifting WITHOUT the clutch... or using the clutch only slightly..

otherwise I really dont see a way for this to happen to third gear.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    wow.... an 05.......

I think a lot has to do with the driver.
    your quote in your sig is perfect for this.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

It was not the driver... Subaru FINALLY agreed to fix the car, i got in it.. drives amazing, the transmission before was horrible, the gears now go in 100% smoother and drives awesome. The subaru dealership was Gillman Subaru near beltway 8 and 59, HORRIBLE server, Drive down I-10 to the katy dealership they are really nice over there, my friend got a subaru from there.

Edit: My mom refuses to take me to the dealership with her, fearing that i will go off on the manager... but listen to this... After she brought the car home from the dealership she went out to get dinner... she was going down the highway going about 75mph and the check engine light comes on.... WTF???!?!?!?!?!? She took it in this morning and said they are going to get someone to look at the car since its been messing up alot. So who knows whats going to happen. Now she is super-pissed at Gillman Subaru and is going to attempt to sell the car back to the dealership, and if they try to take off too much money, sell it herself. I like the Subaru, but i kinda want a car that isnt going to crap out on me, so i dont know if well be getting a new Subaru, or go to a different dealership and get a different car :-/

+ NOTE + Since u all want to know... MY definition of quickshifting is (i only did this a few times) putting the clutch in halfway and dropping into the next gear. I still had alot of room on the clutch before it would be grinding, so its not like i was only opening it up to tightly fit the gear into place.
    Last edited by RobertH; 12-24-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks for blaming the driver when u didnt know what u were talking about... jerk

Quote Originally Posted by RobertH
    Thanks for blaming the driver when u didnt know what u were talking about... jerk
    + NOTE + Since u all want to know... MY definition of quickshifting is (i only did this a few times) putting the clutch in halfway and dropping into the next gear. I still had alot of room on the clutch before it would be grinding, so its not like i was only opening it up to tightly fit the gear into place.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

remember, the car only had 2k miles and i had only done it about 5 times... the Check engine light problem is BS... They said that the reason the check engine light came on is because i was going 90 MPH... if u want to know why i was going 90 i was on the toll way and traphic was moving about 80-90

your 17 and you have a wrx.. im sure theres alot more there than meets the eye
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

if it is that new you should have a drivetrain warranty. I bought a used 02 and when i bought it i new it needed a new clutch so when i bought it i also bought a act stage one street clutch and when the dealership put it in the stiffness jammed the synchros and destroyed 1,2 and the synchro therfore a new tranny. well after the break in period i launched my car hard for the first time and when shifting into second i completey destroyed that mother, so another tranny......went to the dealer they said it was covered in the warranty and bam a week later new tranny only $50.00 very lucky but anyways theres my story my opion they should fix it!

i know these comments must make you a little angry but keep in mind i've never really heard of any late model WRX's shredding tranny's. it was mostly 02/03 and maybe some 04's....

if you're stock, it makes it even harder to believe that you weren't doing something wrong.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    your 17 and you have a wrx.. im sure theres alot more there than meets the eye

whats that supposed to mean? im 17 as well...calm down. i can drive.

its a known fact that teens cant drive... well.. at all..

especially behind the wheels of a capable car. there is a reason why insurance is so high for teens 15 - 20. You might very well be the only teen who knows how to drive well, but it doesnt matter, because statistically you're a horrible driver because of your age, its a sad but true fact. Insurance companies and people's prejudicesm / sterotypes could care less whether you are a good driver or not, its just that about everyone in your age group is a horrible driver.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I have had the car for 2k miles, and ive punched it about 10 times (only 6-7 of those are actually quickshifts).
    Man I didn't even break 4K RPM until I had over 3000 miles on mine But then again the monthly payments are killer so I baby it... Having fun is expensive

why buy a wrx if your not gonna drive the piss out of it? i dont get babying it. you buy a wrx because there inexpensive relativley fast car.........have fun, drive fast, take risks

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    its a known fact that teens cant drive... well.. at all..

especially behind the wheels of a capable car. there is a reason why insurance is so high for teens 15 - 20. You might very well be the only teen who knows how to drive well, but it doesnt matter, because statistically you're a horrible driver because of your age, its a sad but true fact. Insurance companies and people's prejudicesm / sterotypes could care less whether you are a good driver or not, its just that about everyone in your age group is a horrible driver.
    I have been driving since i was 15, im turning 18 in 4 months and i have a perfectly clean record, NO tickets, NO wrecks, the only warning i got was driving without my lights on... im not a street racer, especially not drag racing b/c that **** is lame. So u cant really say that every teen sucks at driving. Until u see how i drive please do not talk ****.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast