Fog Light Malfunction?!?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fog Light Malfunction?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 3 times!!!! this is the 3rd time since i got my car in August. I bought my 2004 wrx used ...

Fog Light Malfunction?!?

3 times!!!! this is the 3rd time since i got my car in August. I bought my 2004 wrx used this august. the right fog light was out when i bought it. i replaced the bulb and it worked for a month. end of sept and i had to change the same bulb again. i was driving to work next to my brother tonight and he told me my fog light was out again!!! keep in mind i've never hit anything hard enough to knock a bulb out or rattle it loose. i love my rex, but is this a popular problem? searched a bit and but couldnt find much of anything useful to my specific problem. anyone have some info? thank you.
    -mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any info guys? or is it just me?

Maybe it is just you. I have been driving with my fogs on everyday for the past 7 months and they still work great. Have you checked the seals on the backside of the light housing and made sure that its all clean and seals well? Either that or have you been buying cheap replacement bulbs for it?
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Never had a prob. with mine....

Good luck man.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Hmph, now that I think of it mine burnt out as well. Right about 20K miles.

my bro had picked up the bulbs for me. the 1st time it went he had stopped to pick em up and he got me a few. that could be it. maybe my bulbs are just cheap i'll go buy some new ones tomorrow and see what happens. the seals are nice and tight, no leaks or anything. i'll go with this and see what happens. thanks guys.
    -mike

i had one of mine blow out once,,, now I have foglight covers so I dont even know if they still work .. .
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

changed out the bulb again today. hope all goes well this time. went to work tonite and my friend with a 05 wrx (not on the forums) was complaining his went out yesterday.. hope i'm good to go this time

My fogs have blown about 3-4 times in the 48k miles Ive had my car. I usually just buy a cheap bulb and replace it but now Im waiting for one to die again cause I have these sweet H3 Luminics bulbs that I got from Subaruwrxparts.com Ill let you know how they work out. Did you touch the actual bulb during the install? I know with the headlights being as powerful as they are, getting first and oil on the bulb will decrease their life. Maybe its the same with the fogs.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Bad bulbs

Mine have went out at least 3 times in the past year and a half and i always buy the nice expensive ones, the dealership has never figured out why but now i put them in myself because of the oil on bulb problem
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

since my last post in this thread, my fog has went out another 2xs. its only the passenger side everytime. i set up an appointment with my dealer for tuesday. hope this resolves my problem for good.
    -mike

sounds like perhaps a wiring / voltage problem?
    Good luck.
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

My mom has the same problem on her 03 legacy. The dealer had fixed it like four times.

i hope after tuesday, it'll be the last time i see this problem. i love my rex and this is my only complaint since ive owned it, but its gotta stop.
    -mike

Mine did it once at about 11000 miles
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.