Fog Light Malfunction?!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Fog Light Malfunction?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If you touch the bulb with your fingers you will put oil on the bulb and will cause it to ...

If you touch the bulb with your fingers you will put oil on the bulb and will cause it to burn out quickly... Don't touch the bulb only the plastic and check the relays and fuses...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

update... i had a bad ground and a cracked seal supposedly. i honestly stared at this thing for an hour looking for cracks, etc. i think the cracked seal is a load of crap , but i convinced them to fix it for free. they wanted to charge me $175. i said nope!!

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Good news. Hopefully the case is closed. After reading all the threads, I was thinking this sounds like some sort of electrical gremlin.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I have the same problem with my driver's side fog. Expensive bulbs.... burn out after only 6-8 months.
    2004 Red WRX Wagon
    18G (Protuned)
    293 whp
    285 wtq
    Many, many other mods.........

maybe you have a bad ground as well? or possibly a short?

-mike

I was told by the light bulb people that because of the constant stress and the delicate desig of the bulb they tend to go out, who knows but thats what they said
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

i could understand the bulb dying out on occassion. but my, and apparently his, shared problem is that is an ongoing problem. my problem seems to have gone since i had a new one installed. i had replaced the bulb several times within the past months. on average, i'd say twice a month, which is way far from the norm. i suppose i had a short. you may as well.

-mike

mine do the same thing, not as often but probably 4-5 times a year, no one ever found a problem and the only explanation that was offered is delicate bulbs. every time i replace one it costs me AT LEAST $20 and it really pisses me off
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead with a follow-up question...

Do you think a grouding kit would help this issue? Or should I just go in there and check the wiring and make sure its all hooked up good?

Yeah, I am having the same problem with my 02. and I've got the $$$ silverstar bulbs in my fogs...
    2002 Black WRX wagon
    1997 GMC Suburban. TURBO Diesel, 4x4 Runs on WVO

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

Quote Originally Posted by StarquestAndyR
    I'm bringing this thread back from the dead with a follow-up question...

Do you think a grouding kit would help this issue? Or should I just go in there and check the wiring and make sure its all hooked up good?

Yeah, I am having the same problem with my 02. and I've got the $$$ silverstar bulbs in my fogs...
    check the wiring and make sure everything is in place and in working order. look for the obvious reasons such as frayed, split wires etc. if you cant find anything, a grounding kit helpful, but i dont think it will be necessary.
    -mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.