Rolled the wrx last night! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90

This is a discussion on Rolled the wrx last night! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Glad to see your OK, as for the car...

  1. #16
    Ian
    Ian is offline
    Registered User Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Haven CT.
    Posts
    1,038
    Glad to see your OK, as for the car

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User TOOFAST88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Champaign/Buffalo Grove, IL
    Posts
    5,377
    nice kill

    good thing your alright though!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

  4. #18
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Ouch. At least your ok. there was a pretty bad roll over near my house today. A Land Rover discovery got t-boned by a truck and rolled over.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  5. #19
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    17,180
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thank God for a well built car.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

  6. #20
    Registered User Fox05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Valdosta G.a.
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh
    Thank God for a well built car.
    thank god you was in a subie and not a miata(spelling?) or convertible
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

  7. #21
    Registered User SonicYellowWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Glad to see you are ok. Rolled 4 times...you are very lucky!

    Take the insurance money, buy a used WRX, and invest a bit more in a driving school.
    i second that! learning proper car control and the limits of your car will save not only your life, but also your car. i know a few people who were able to save themselves from rolling over and wrecking...

    i've taken my car out to track events and rallyX events, as well as dry lake beds to push the car and myself beyond the limits. my friends have been witness to many moments where they were afraid for my life, but i was relaxed and able to correct the car thanks to my efforts to learn the car better.

    AWD is tricky, especially Subaru's. Stock, you get relentless understeer with occasional snap oversteer. Modify it right and it gets better, but the unexpected still happens from time to time if you drive it hard. So, just prepare yourself for it next time!
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

  8. #22
    Registered User WRXmex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    Yea ur lucky ive seen some nasty wrecks with my dad being a fireman. Im guessin u was wearin a seat belt Did ur Air bags go off? Ur a lucky man
    I was wearin a seatbelt, but for some reason the airbags did not go off To make things worse, tonight we got some rain and my poor subie has all the windows shattered. I'm gonna try to take some pics tomorrow when i remove as much of the mods as i can.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

    Pics and Mods

  9. #23
    Registered User amukaoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,429
    *subscribed*

    waiting for pics


    glad to see you are alright! so lucky..
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

  10. #24
    Registered User Jörg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    448
    The airbags probably didn't get tripped in the impact. It takes a pretty strong frontal impact to set them off (or a pretty strong side impact for the side airbags). Rolling by itself probably shoudn't set off any airbags.

    Definitely glad to hear you're alright. If I were you, I'd have a discussion with my insurance provider and find out what's going to happen to your premiums before you try to decide what kind of car to buy. An STi would be nice, but might cost you twice as much (or more).

  11. #25
    Registered User dsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chocolate City
    Posts
    3,769
    glad you made it. I also hope if you go for an Sti or Evo, you relax a little bit behind the wheel or next time you might not make it. Sounds like you only get to live through an accident like that once. You don't get another quarter, as they used to say in arcades when we could play games for a quarter and games didn't take credit cards as payment (golden tee kills me like that). Take it away thread-jack ray

    ...but the bugeye, it's a goner. Another one bites the dust. How many are left???? I'm subscribed for pics.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

  12. #26
    Registered User LeeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    1,648
    glad to here you made it out ok, sad to here about your car

  13. #27
    Registered User Fox05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Valdosta G.a.
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    i second that! learning proper car control and the limits of your car will save not only your life, but also your car. i know a few people who were able to save themselves from rolling over and wrecking...

    i've taken my car out to track events and rallyX events, as well as dry lake beds to push the car and myself beyond the limits. my friends have been witness to many moments where they were afraid for my life, but i was relaxed and able to correct the car thanks to my efforts to learn the car better.

    AWD is tricky, especially Subaru's. Stock, you get relentless understeer with occasional snap oversteer. Modify it right and it gets better, but the unexpected still happens from time to time if you drive it hard. So, just prepare yourself for it next time!
    I wana go to a school so bad but theres none i can find near valdosta. Any suggestions
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

  14. #28
    Registered User WRXmex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque NM
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by Jörg
    The airbags probably didn't get tripped in the impact. It takes a pretty strong frontal impact to set them off (or a pretty strong side impact for the side airbags). Rolling by itself probably shoudn't set off any airbags.

    Definitely glad to hear you're alright. If I were you, I'd have a discussion with my insurance provider and find out what's going to happen to your premiums before you try to decide what kind of car to buy. An STi would be nice, but might cost you twice as much (or more).
    Exactly what i was thinking. although i have the money for an sti or evo, i am not too willing to pay twice the insurance or more
    edit: Pics are comin by this afternoon!
    Last edited by WRXmex; 11-27-2005 at 09:42 AM.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

    Pics and Mods

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,257
    Must... have... pics... of... destruction...
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

  16. #30
    Registered User SonicYellowWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    I wana go to a school so bad but theres none i can find near valdosta. Any suggestions
    Find track events and autoX events. Usually there are instructors there, but even if there isn't you will be able to drive to the limit and there shouldn't be anything around to wreck your car.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •