I hit a deer early this morning :(
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hit a deer early this morning :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It could have been a lot worse. I was going about 60 mph, but was able to slow to 20-30 ...

I Support ClubWRX

Unhappy I hit a deer early this morning :(

It could have been a lot worse. I was going about 60 mph, but was able to slow to 20-30 before impact. The deer got up, stumbled a few times then scampered away. I feel bad for the poor critter.

I will likely get the headlight assembly replaced tomorrow, but the fender may take a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-25-2010 at 02:03 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DOH! that sucks... too bad you didn't hit him harder, you'd get dinner out of it.
    Dave
    01 RS

Ian
    Dude that sucks, I'm always affraid of that happening

Peachypumpkincheeks

That sucks! I hope the deer dies....they're becoming such a hazard!

Anyone hear about the recent occurences of deer crashing through store-fronts and running into department stores?!?! It's been happening in Virginia and Maryland recently--that's crazy!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    DOH! that sucks... too bad you didn't hit him harder, you'd get dinner out of it.
    A harder hit would have been a lot harder on the WRX. It has been bad around here the last couple of weeks. On a four mile or so stretch of the road it happened on, I counted six deer strikes not including mine.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 11-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    I hope the deer dies....they're becoming such a hazard!
    I'm going to be an optimist and assume you are hoping the deer isn't suffering a slow death. They were here first...

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Cook
    FU(K those are huge indians. Please tell me those are not giant indians ... goddd damnit they're huge indians, alright good game America, we had some fun huh?

It will buff right out.

Seriously though sorry it happened.

It doesn't look too bad I'm sure you'll be able to fix in no time.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

sorry to see that, i feel your pain
    had to swallow $800 body work 3 weeks ago after someone backed into my passenger door
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    I'm going to be an optimist and assume you are hoping the deer isn't suffering a slow death. They were here first...

[/size]
    can you teach us to make giant corn?

that sucks about the deer man ,, that can be really dangerous,, looks like you got off pretty easy
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan

[/size]

I agree. The problem is an over population of people, not an over population of deer. People move into their natural habitats and then complain when there are so many of them.

I know 04.SPT (we work right next to eachother), and he was more upset about the deer than the car. The car can be fixed, but the deer was probably injured enough that it won't live. The deer didn't deserve that. They have more of a right to be here than we do.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hear that Bill. I hope you can get her fixed up like new.

Yeah!!! Save the deer,

hunt people!!!

you know I felt the same the first time I hit a deer. poor poor deer.

After the second time my new opinion if F the deer. It cost $2200 the first time and $3000 the second time. Thankfully insurance paid for them both. If I had to pay out of my pocket I would go buy a gun and start hunting
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by SubyPsycho
    I agree. The problem is an over population of people, not an over population of deer. People move into their natural habitats and then complain when there are so many of them.

I know 04.SPT (we work right next to eachother), and he was more upset about the deer than the car. The car can be fixed, but the deer was probably injured enough that it won't live. The deer didn't deserve that. They have more of a right to be here than we do.

Haven't you ever heard of "survival of the fittest" or "natural selection"?!?!

If the deers could have guns (and opposable thumbs) and shoot us, they sure as h3ll would!

Stealing from someone's sig: Apparently half of the planet is animals, and I'm going to do my best to eat every last one of 'em.

Also: If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

And while you're at it, save the pigeons, save the cockroaches, save the flies, save the rats, save the spiders, save the earwigs, save the mice, save the moles, save the pigs, chickens, cows...

oh wait, they aren't cute and weren't personified in a disney film. Except maybe Babe the pig. Mmmmm, that's a good pig. One of my favorite bumper stickers is "Animals taste good".

We are the pinnacle predator, who has spent many generations killing the wolves, mtn lions, bears, and all other predators who were originally here. It is now our duty to control the population of the prey animals, since there are no more predators to do it for us. It's the cycle of life. The problem is that we are killing the strongest and best instead of the weak and unfit, like the original predators did. There is evidence that it is making the animals more diseased and genetically weaker. At least hitting it with the car, you weren't out for a trophy buck. And as for him limping off into the forest, you can't put a human out of their misery, so why should an animal be more lucky and not have to suffer.
    Last edited by VVVV; 11-04-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast