I hit a deer early this morning :( - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on I hit a deer early this morning :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 ...and missed it by a whisper. Best. Line. Ever. Originally Posted by YBNormal07 ...We figured we ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    ...and missed it by a whisper.
    Best. Line. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    ...We figured we were even closer than we thought because starting on the front drivers side fender and continuing down the side of the car was a bit of deer piss and poop...little pepple shots Guess the deer were even more frightened then we were
    Wowza! You scared bambi!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car looks great! Glad you are back.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    On a very simular note I got an 06 and had a deer run into the side of it after not even 3 weeks on the road. The deer should be fine for those of you worried about that. Unfortunately for me it left a largish dent in my front quarter and dents and dings in both of my driver side doors. Oh well no major damage and my insurance will be paying for the majority of the bill.

On the snow tire side of things (I am sorry if this is posted somewhere else) anyone know for sure if 16X7 rims will clear the brakes on the 06? I was looking at going 16x7 for rims and 205/55-16 for the tires for my winter setup. I do a lot of winter driving in the mountains of New England and hit the first of it this weekend. Very pleasent for the most part, the car handles the curves and snow beautifully and is quick enough to get by cars in the very short passing zones allotted, but I fealt the stock rim/tire package left something to be desired on less than well maintained winter roads. I am hoping that putting a little more tire between the rims and the road will help smooth the ride on hardpack snow and ice that is often very unveven and bumpy. Any thoughts, comments, or links on this would be very appreciated.
    First post? Welcome!

Sorry to read of your deer collision ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Car looks great! Glad you are back.
    Thanks ... with RE92s until I can shed some more tread off of them.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Gotta hit some parking lots and drift a bit.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Gotta hit some parking lots and drift a bit.
    The SCCA winter series events will do nicely!
    Mods & Pics

Yep first post. Really like the site though and it helped alot in my decision to get a WRX.

Collision centers heal all dents, and it could only stay new and shiney so long. I might have been hoping for more than 3 weeks worth, but atleast I was out of the official "break in" period. The true kicker though was one of my friends riding with me told me the day I bought the car "Everyone I know who has gotten a new car recently has managed to mess it up in under a month". I guess I will just have to befriend him when I get next new car.

sorry to hear about your incident man

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonbeeb
    sorry to hear about your incident man
    Hey thanks! The memory is fading as I have the WRX back. It looks good ... just in time for snow & ice
    Mods & Pics

Hey anyone know what kind of rights I have in requesting repairs to my car when the insurance company is footing the bill? I took my car in to get adjusted today and they gave me an estimate for replacing the front fender and stripping down, removing dents, and repainting the two driver side doors. They said they would replace the rear door if there was any damage to the beam in it. I of course would just prefer they replace both of the doors and at very least that one, but have doubts I have any right to request such repairs. Also a dealership shop won't use filler or any crap like that when doing the door repairs will they?

I Support ClubWRX
    Talk it over with the claims adjuster. With my recent mishap I was surprised how accommodating they were.

Filler done right is OK. I'd look past dealership body shops to a more specialized local shop with a good reputation.
    Mods & Pics

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456