I hit a deer early this morning :( - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hit a deer early this morning :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX No doubt! My mom is trying to sell my grandmother's early '90's Cavalier. It's practically worthless. ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    No doubt! My mom is trying to sell my grandmother's early '90's Cavalier. It's practically worthless.
    your grandmother is still alive? considering your age, she should be like what 140 years old?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    your grandmother is still alive? considering your age, she should be like what 140 years old?
    No dissin' on the grandmother. (Actually, she'll be 86 in 3 weeks..)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

WOO HOO! Got the WRX back today!!

It was so great to get back in it after 8 days! The shop looks to have done a very good job.

With snow in the forecast, I had to take off the OZs and put the stock rims and RE92s on today.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 10-14-2006 at 07:11 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

looks great! if you had some good snow tires, you wouldn't be so sad to put them on.. i was excited to put my wintracs back onto my STi! bring the white weather!

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, or why i didn't think of it before, but have you tried one of those deer horns? silent whistles that apparently drive deer crazy so they run off...
    Dave
    01 RS

looks good, glad you got it back.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    looks great! if you had some good snow tires, you wouldn't be so sad to put them on.. i was excited to put my wintracs back onto my STi! bring the white weather!

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, or why i didn't think of it before, but have you tried one of those deer horns? silent whistles that apparently drive deer crazy so they run off...
    Deer whistles? I have read about them in a few places. They simply do not work.

I am trying to get some use out of the RE92s - they still have 9/32" on them.

Good snow tires next season maybe.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    looks good, glad you got it back.
    Thanks Glad too I am. I hope it warms up a little this weekend so I can give it a gentle bath and really check out the paint work.
    Mods & Pics

It looks like they did a good job. Kinda hard to tell exactly from pics. It's always best to see in person, from what I see there, it looks good.

Maybe instead of deer whistles you should attach a cow-pusher to the front of your car. A loud air horn would help too. You could talk to the Mercedes engineers who designed that crash avoidance system to see if you can get a deer avoidance system.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks great, Bill. I know that you're a much happier dude now..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Looks great, Bill. I know that you're a much happier dude now..
    Even shod with RE92s ... much happier I am.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette

Haven't you ever heard of "survival of the fittest" or "natural selection"?!?!

If the deers could have guns (and opposable thumbs) and shoot us, they sure as h3ll would!

Stealing from someone's sig: Apparently half of the planet is animals, and I'm going to do my best to eat every last one of 'em.
    Coming from Virginia's finest. I'm not an animal rights activist or anything but that's about an ignorant, backwoods remark.

Go start arguments somewhere else please.

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to see you got it back and they did a great job.

On a similar note, last year a buddy and I were crusing with our club and being held up on a 2 lane highway by some old dude in a beater truck. No passing lines so we just had to amble alone. We came to a long down hill with a passing zone so I hit it (in the STi at the time). Got up to abut 110 (could see for about a mile ahead so no big issue) and noticed 2 dear off to the left in the ditch. Started to slow down and of course the scampered across the road right then. I nailed the binders, chirped once as the ABS activated, and then calmley steared around them to the right. We were still going fairly quick, and my buddy was sincerely trying to leave indentations in the "oh sh*t" grab handle, when we went by the lagging dear's rear end and missed it by a whisper.

We had to stop after that and collect ourselves. Got out and looked at the car cause you never can tell. We figured we were even closer than we thought because starting on the front drivers side fender and continuing down the side of the car was a bit of deer piss and poop...little pepple shots Guess the deer were even more frightened then we were
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

hit by deer

On a very simular note I got an 06 and had a deer run into the side of it after not even 3 weeks on the road. The deer should be fine for those of you worried about that. Unfortunately for me it left a largish dent in my front quarter and dents and dings in both of my driver side doors. Oh well no major damage and my insurance will be paying for the majority of the bill.

On the snow tire side of things (I am sorry if this is posted somewhere else) anyone know for sure if 16X7 rims will clear the brakes on the 06? I was looking at going 16x7 for rims and 205/55-16 for the tires for my winter setup. I do a lot of winter driving in the mountains of New England and hit the first of it this weekend. Very pleasent for the most part, the car handles the curves and snow beautifully and is quick enough to get by cars in the very short passing zones allotted, but I fealt the stock rim/tire package left something to be desired on less than well maintained winter roads. I am hoping that putting a little more tire between the rims and the road will help smooth the ride on hardpack snow and ice that is often very unveven and bumpy. Any thoughts, comments, or links on this would be very appreciated.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by SubyPsycho
    Maybe instead of deer whistles you should attach a cow-pusher to the front of your car. A loud air horn would help too. You could talk to the Mercedes engineers who designed that crash avoidance system to see if you can get a deer avoidance system.
    Pure geniousity at work!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast