I hit a deer early this morning :( - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hit a deer early this morning :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by VVVV One of my favorite bumper stickers is "Animals taste good". *Simpsons episode when Homer was raising ...

Quote Originally Posted by VVVV
    One of my favorite bumper stickers is "Animals taste good".

*Simpsons episode when Homer was raising the lobster and than cried when eating it, comes to mind*

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette

Haven't you ever heard of "survival of the fittest" or "natural selection"?!?!

If the deers could have guns (and opposable thumbs) and shoot us, they sure as h3ll would!
    Someone obviously didn't pay attention in school very much. Survival of the fittest and natural selection are intra-species processes not inter-species processes.

You also might want to look up the definition of herbivore when you get a chance.

If I follow your logic I would wish death upon a bicyclist if I hit one driving my car and they damage it. Obviously I'm a better human because I'm driving an expensive automobile and they're riding a lowly $200 bike, right?

Save a bicyclist, read a book. Seriously, give it a shot, you might like it.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Sorry to hear that Bill. I hope you can get her fixed up like new.

+ 1
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

That sucks, hopefully the deer is ok & glad it wasn't worse.

Man that sucks. Deers can do hella damage. One of our delivery trucks was attacked by a deer. The deer charged the truck,while the truck was doing approx. 45mph. We had to replace the fender,door,door glass, and bed side. There was deer blood and fur all over it.
    "Give a man a gun and he is a hero. Give a man two and he is a god!"

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by WhatThaFrig
    Man that sucks. Deers can do hella damage. One of our delivery trucks was attacked by a deer. The deer charged the truck,while the truck was doing approx. 45mph. We had to replace the fender,door,door glass, and bed side. There was deer blood and fur all over it.
    That would freak me out! Totally makes me think of Tommy Boy!!!!!!!

On Elliot in the Morning (radio show) some dude called in and said that his wife hit a deer, and since they enjoy venison, he drove out there to pick up the deer (and asses the damage). They get home and throw the deer in their garage. Next thing you know, the deer comes to and starts running into everything including their car and motorcycles! So they call their 6'3", 270lb cousin over who rushes over. Upon arrival, he requests a straight razor. He goes into the garage, grabs the buck by it's head, pulls it back and slits it's throat.

Crazy sh1t man!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    That would freak me out! Totally makes me think of Tommy Boy!!!!!!!

On Elliot in the Morning (radio show) some dude called in and said that his wife hit a deer, and since they enjoy venison, he drove out there to pick up the deer (and asses the damage). They get home and throw the deer in their garage. Next thing you know, the deer comes to and starts running into everything including their car and motorcycles! So they call their 6'3", 270lb cousin over who rushes over. Upon arrival, he requests a straight razor. He goes into the garage, grabs the buck by it's head, pulls it back and slits it's throat.

Crazy sh1t man!
    okaaaay
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    okaaaay
    Just sharing something interesting I heard yesterday morning.

All I know is that I wouldn't throw down with a buck!

And I wrestled a fully grown silverback mountain gorrilla into a tutu with a toilet paper tube and a piece of cheese.

Peachypumpkincheeks

And I mounted a fully grown silverback mountain gorrilla i call tutu with a toilet paper tube and a piece of cheese.

I <3 you, McGyver!

And I wrestled a fully grown silverback mountain gorrilla into a tutu with a toilet paper tube and a piece of cheese.
    pics?

I Support ClubWRX
    I had the WRX at the dealer today for a previously scheduled unrelated issue with the airbag warning light today. I was hoping they could find a headlight assembly today to replace the damaged one. They were not, but should have one Tuesday.

I meet with the insurance claims adjuster tomorrow. Yet another deer was hit hard about 300 yards east of my mishap this morning. Like I said, it is really bad around here this fall.

Thanks for the kind words!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

wow, sorry to see that, that looks almost exactly like the damage on my sti from a month back.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SubyPsycho
    I agree. The problem is an over population of people, not an over population of deer. People move into their natural habitats and then complain when there are so many of them.

I know 04.SPT (we work right next to eachother), and he was more upset about the deer than the car. The car can be fixed, but the deer was probably injured enough that it won't live. The deer didn't deserve that. They have more of a right to be here than we do.

Here in Missouri, it is more of a problem with over population of deer. They are everywhere. Yea yea, they were here first and all that.. I came from England where the deer are special (but not as common) so was pretty sickened by all the hunting the first year i was here. Then I almost hit a few, and saw all the wrecks and dead dear or splatters on the road.. Deer is fair game here. Knock down the population, save a few lives.

Oh, and if you really want to dig into it.. You could stil blame the humans for over populating. they are the ones who scared away/killed all the deers natural predators so that the deers could grow in numbers so much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.