Buying a used WRX...

This is a discussion on Buying a used WRX... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone... Last week my 240sx got sandwiched between an Accord and a Mustang on the highway, so I finally ...

Buying a used WRX...

Hello everyone...

Last week my 240sx got sandwiched between an Accord and a Mustang on the highway, so I finally get to go buy my WRX! Looks like all I'll be able to afford is an 02. I can't seem to find one below 70k miles and I'm a little worried about running into transmission problems soon after I buy one. Just how common are clutch/transmission problems with the 02's? I realize this has alot to do with how the car was driven. But how can I tell if the transmission is OK when I test drive it? Should I have a transmission shop test it before I buy it? Am I asking for trouble by buying this kind of car, or is it reasonable to expect to get to 150k with the original clutch and transmission? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ur dead on about the bulk of it depending on the driver. 1st gear is disapointly weak (too many clutch drops and no tire spin=1st ), u should be able to see good life out of the clutch. 70-80k is a major maintenance period for most cars, so u need to look into how the car was cared for. thats my two cents, best of luck finding the right rex for u!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.