Churp Noise From Alarm Has Stopped
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Churp Noise From Alarm Has Stopped within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This isn't a huge issue, but something I want to try and fix. I have a 2005 WRX Sedan, and ...

Churp Noise From Alarm Has Stopped

This isn't a huge issue, but something I want to try and fix. I have a 2005 WRX Sedan, and the churp noise/ beep noise from when you hit the lock/unlock button, has stopped, and it doesn't make a noise anymore. The orange lights still flash when i hit lock or unlock and the button works fine, but it doesn't make the beep noise anymore. I tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and hooking it back up, and it did reset everything, but the beep noise still doesn't work. Anyone else have these same problems?. Also, this might be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure, by un hooking the battery for 5 minutes my Cobb Basemap settings are still in there right, that wouldn't reset my ecu would it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have a look in the owner's manual. I think there is a button combination on the remote that turns it on or off.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

There is. I tunred my chirp noise off because it got annoying .

how do you turn it off and on?..i really don't feel like digging up the owners manual and searching through it?

It should say on the back of your black botton/ keyring thing. If yours is the same as mine then it is >press unlock once, then hold both the lock and unlock for two seconds. Thats it.

Mine doesn't chirp anymore.. at all
    I had it on chirp for awhile.. and it like wore out or something
    one day i pushed it and it went from a hi pitched chirp to low pitched.. to no chirp.

not sure what happened, but i know i didnt change it to silent
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    It should say on the back of your black botton/ keyring thing. If yours is the same as mine then it is >press unlock once, then hold both the lock and unlock for two seconds. Thats it.
    Well what do you know ... there it is plain as can be.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Well what do you know ... there it is plain as can be.
    unless its dead like mine
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I have an 05 and have the same EXACT problem, it goes from chirping to not every now and then, even if I do the simultaneous button thing it still doesnt work. The button thing is just pushing both buttons down after unlocking it and that turns it off and on, I assume the alarm still works, I think it is a defect or something, I am sure I will take it in just because I can, but mine does the same thing.

The beeper on my 04 works whenever it wants to ,,, It actually seems like it doesnt like to work in hotter weather,, Im not to worried about it though its not a big deal
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

hahaha....wow you guys hit it right on. It works good in warm weather, and its now 45 degree's here....maybe 55 for the high...and it doesn't work that great....

Even though my "beep" is off, once in awhile there it is again annoying as can be...

Another thing i noticed, when both me and my friend (who also has a rex) hit our remotes at the same time the signals must interfere because only one of ours works, or neither work.
    The 05 key fob sucks, i set off panic all the time on accident.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Hey I acutually tried reasearching this issue, it's not something huge like the original post said, but f0ck it's mind bogglin' because i turned it off also cause it got annoying, then when I tried to use it again it like died or something so it kinda only worked for like a couple of months on my STi.
    So Cal F4 # 10

had the same problem 3 months after getting my car. then it completely stopped chirping. the dealership had to replace the chirping mechanism in the car. thats what you guys will have done if you want to get it repaired.
    chris

Did it cost you anything?
    So Cal F4 # 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.