Churp Noise From Alarm Has Stopped - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Churp Noise From Alarm Has Stopped within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yea...did it cost you anything?, and if i take it in for that, will they take away the rest of ...

yea...did it cost you anything?, and if i take it in for that, will they take away the rest of my warranty beacause I have a UP and catless TBE, along with cobb AP?. would it be worth taking it in to get the churp back, because they might say since I messed with the ECU, it caused the churp to break.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey go to RENICK SUBARU in fullerton, I've taken my car in for shocks there..and my STi is modded...they say that they're not to picky with warranty voiding cause they do performance themselves there.
    So Cal F4 # 10

Quote Originally Posted by Blofe
    Did it cost you anything?
    covered under warranty. im not sure where the mechanism is but i think its somewhere in the engine bay, you might have to search it. they were dumb about the whole thing at my dealership. took them 2 days to tell me that they had to replace it cuz they couldnt get it to work with the remote. no duh. they were dumb. they told me that they took it off one of their new cars.
    chris

you can turn the chirp on or off. the instructions are on the back of the key fob. I have also set the panic off in my pocket several times, it is quite annoying, especially at like midnight.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

Some of us know that we turn it off or on with the dumb fob, but my chirper went bad, and i think my fob is going bad now.
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by silvewrx
    you can turn the chirp on or off. the instructions are on the back of the key fob. I have also set the panic off in my pocket several times, it is quite annoying, especially at like midnight.
    WOW...thank you!....My closest dealership is an hour away from where I live, and I was getting ready to take my car there to have them replace the chirper because I looked through the owners manual and couldn't find $hit. But anyways, I just went outside, and did the unlock then hold lock and unlock for 2 seconds, and BAM!...it works perfect now. I have NO f'n clue how I turned it off one day, most likely in my pocket, but that's a pretty amazing combination for that to happen in my pocket.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006 View Post
    It should say on the back of your black botton/ keyring thing. If yours is the same as mine then it is >press unlock once, then hold both the lock and unlock for two seconds. Thats it.
    Bumping a really old thread for the sake of nubeness on my part. Thanks for the info. Saved me from having to read the owners manual. I didn't want to wake my neighbors in the morning at 5am every day when I open the car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.