100K mile gold warranty strikes again.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 100K mile gold warranty strikes again. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I smelled burning oil, so I got the car up on ramps to have a look. When I got under ...

100K mile gold warranty strikes again.

I smelled burning oil, so I got the car up on ramps to have a look. When I got under the right side, it looked like someone exploded a can of grease under there - blown CV boot. I gave the Subaru dealer a call, drove it it, and had it replaced under warranty in about 3 hours. They were also nice enough to wash the engine bay down for me and clean up all the grease and wash my car
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any mods on the car?

uppipe/downpipe catback
    Cobb stage 2
    front H-brace
    rear strut bar/solid end links
    a bunch of other "custom" mods I thought up myself

they could have easily that it was the extra heat from the uppipe/downpipe that cause the CV boot to fail if they wanted to....
    go f*** yourself

I cancelled my 100k warranty a couple weeks ago. It was probably a dumb idea... but oh well. I at least got my $1000 back

its definately saved me more than the price of admission. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

did you know it covers your mods and aftermarket parts???
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    its definately saved me more than the price of admission. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

No, and if I did.... I would have totally kept it.

Too late now.

Bah why did I ever read this thread.

At the time I was under the stupid impression that the only thing that would ever go wrong would be my transmission and that chances were subaru would not honor the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

How do you figure that? Maybe your dealership is just very mod friendly.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    How do you figure that? Maybe your dealership is just very mod friendly.
    the extended warranty is actually handled by another company. all they do is sell extended warranties. In fact MOST extended warranties from ANY auto maker are handled through this third party. They don't care what parts you have. They also say that they even cover "neglect, abuse, and acts of God". They don't advertise this anymore, but when I bought my car, there was actually a poster in the sales office and in the service department that said that in large letters. My dealer IS awsome. I usually talk to them before installing mods, and take it to them after I've installed ask them to have a look to make sure I did it right when I bring it in for an oil change or scheduled service. I now live about 50 miles away from that dealer, and there are at least 5 Subaru dealers that are closer that I could go to...and I still drive the 50 miles to that one...and if I were to buy another Subaru, it would definately be from them.
    go f*** yourself

in this case, that's a bargain, too bad i don't have one
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Yeah, my dealership talked me into the 100K extended. I'm glad they did! 3/36 just doesn't cut it anymore. Especially with a turbocharged car!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Crowley
    Yeah, my dealership talked me into the 100K extended. I'm glad they did! 3/36 just doesn't cut it anymore. Especially with a turbocharged car!
    oddly enough, I've never had any tyrbo-related problems. from what I've read based on previous WRX models (that weren't available in the US) 200K+ miles without problems is not unusual.
    go f*** yourself

same thing happened to me. but the new boot is only around $15 including the clamps. And a local transmision shop put it on for only $75. make sure you get your moneys worth out of that extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    same thing happened to me. but the new boot is only around $15 including the clamps. And a local transmision shop put it on for only $75. make sure you get your moneys worth out of that extended warranty.

it was $185 to have it done by the dealer. not a major repair, but its still money.
    go f*** yourself

My dealer wanted over $300 to repair mine. those aholes!

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    My dealer wanted over $300 to repair mine. those aholes!

yeah, my dealer's shop rate is no lower than anyone else's but repair costs come out surprisingly low...I also get coupons from Subaru in the mail on a monthly basis with all kinds of discounts...I usually have a 10% off, ANOTHER 10% off for coming in on a Saturday, and a couple more that always seem to help. Of course so far, all my repairs have been covered under warranty. The only things I paid for were major services and oil changes. The dealer is NOT the cheapest place to get my car fixed, but its not outrageously expensive, and I really can't complain about the quality of service...its been very good. From what I've read, I really think that this particulat dealer is the exception rather than the rule. If I decide to buy another Subaru at some point, I'd definately buy from them, and take it there for all the services.
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.