Engine Codes

This is a discussion on Engine Codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, I have a check engine light on my '02 WRX and am going to take it to advance ...

Engine Codes

Hello all,
    I have a check engine light on my '02 WRX and am going to take it to advance today to get the diagnostics run on it so I can get the codes for the light. Does anyone know where I can find what all the codes mean?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bkhweik
    Hello all,
    I have a check engine light on my '02 WRX and am going to take it to advance today to get the diagnostics run on it so I can get the codes for the light. Does anyone know where I can find what all the codes mean?
    Post them when you get them, we'll help.

code was p0171 I guess I'm running too lean, I just installed a MBC last week, could my boost be too high?

I don't have a catless up pipe, my whole exhaust is stock (that's my next project), I have an MBC that's adjustable from the cabin, it's a bleeder valve type MBC... at first I was running about 15 pounds of boost spiking around 18 then I turned it down after I got my check engine light, I'm running 13 pounds spiking around 15-16.... when it spikes it's only for a split second then it'll settle to 13.... or 15 when I had it turned up

I appreciate the advice Trainrex, but could you elaborate on not running an MBC while I still have an up pipe cat... should I got an aftermarket up pipe cat? I don't quite understand what you mean. I don't know too much about cars so I need things in Lehman's terms explained to me I ask my friends for advice when I need it and I don't know if it's always the right kind of advice. Thanks!