High rev, No go...

This is a discussion on High rev, No go... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My STI has been acting strange the last couple of days. Every once in a while it seems as if ...

High rev, No go...

My STI has been acting strange the last couple of days. Every once in a while it seems as if though the car has no power. In first gear it reves until about 3500 and then goes. The odd part is that it is doing it in diffrent gears. On the highway today (6th gear) the car went up to redline and dropped in speed.....HELP ME?!?!?!?!?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic1
    My STI has been acting strange the last couple of days. Every once in a while it seems as if though the car has no power. In first gear it reves until about 3500 and then goes. The odd part is that it is doing it in diffrent gears. On the highway today (6th gear) the car went up to redline and dropped in speed.....HELP ME?!?!?!?!?!
    It sounds like your clutch is slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It sounds like your clutch is slipping.
    +1
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

One more thing to mention. The clutch has less than 6000 miles on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lots of launches, and/or poor driving habits will do that.

I Support ClubWRX
    How many miles does the car have on it?
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Quote Originally Posted by GV27
    How many miles does the car have on it?
    The car had 13000 miles on it when I bought it. It's sitting at about 15000 now. Got the vehicle history from the dealership which showed a ACT stage three at 9800. I havent lauched it, or raced it for that matter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Someone did though. Check the clutch and go from there. From your description, that's likely it. If someone has modified the car, see what you can do to fix everything and make it stock IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Someone did though. Check the clutch and go from there. From your description, that's likely it. If someone has modified the car, see what you can do to fix everything and make it stock IMO.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to take it up to the dealer and have them rip it apart, and put back to stock, and go from there.

That sounds exactly like when my clutch went out. I found that if I gave it gas very very gently it could keep from slipping. Try to baby it on the way to the dealer, when my clutch went it scorched my flywheel too and added around $400 to the repair bill.