check engine light with flashing cruise control light
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on check engine light with flashing cruise control light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I purchased a 04 sti on firday , still way under warr. and I am bringing it in tommrow, but ...

Exclamation check engine light with flashing cruise control light

I purchased a 04 sti on firday , still way under warr. and I am bringing it in tommrow, but just seeing if anyone else has had this problem . I my check engine light is now on and the cruise control light is flashing, this started right after i got the car up to 100 , not doggin it to get there either. Any one else out there run into anything like this?? Have had a WRX before this for a long time with never a prob..,,,,,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend had that prob too. just disconnect the negative on the battery....press the brake in 5 times or so and leave it disconnected for about 10-15 min just to be sure. this will reset your ecu and your prob should be gone
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph
    of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmond Burke
    "I don't think you will"
    05CGMWagon

Mods

What are your mods

is the sti modded? with a utec, when you have a CEL, it will flash the cruise control light when you are getting knock. thats the only thing i can think of...
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

do you have a downpipe? because it was the 02 sensor that did that to my car. get an 02 fixer. thats the prob i had and it cleared right up!

The last thing I would do is disconnect the battery as a resolution to this. The cars obviously detecting something is wrong, may as well check it out.

Evidently on STi's when the CEL has been tripped they flash the Cruise Control light as well to draw attention to the CEL. Get the code pulled and go from there. It could be something as simple as a lose gas cap, or it could be something major.
    Last edited by BrianH; 11-05-2005 at 10:34 AM.

usually when that happens it is becuase you hit fuel cut. but if the car is unmodded i would not disconnect the battery to get rid of this issue. if it is under warranty have the dealer look at it. you have a warranty use it

thanks guys, well all i got on itfor now is cat back and a cold air intake but this startred before i put that stuff on. And ive been in around a mechanic and auto body shop my whole life, and just disconnecting the bat. is not the solution, besides it will trip again when u reconnect if the issues still there.. anyways, took it to subaru 4 times now and they have told me 3 times that i keep not putting the gas cap on right , but every time they "fix " this, i dont touch the damn thing and it comes back on . now they ordered me a new gas cap hope this fixes it, thanks for your time and suggestions guys later

It just so happens this happened to my 06 wagon today. I installed an Invidia G200 exhaust and catted downpipe on friday. Prob. put about 120 miles on it, before the cel & flashing cruise came on. Wondering how to remedy this as well.

well they replaced the gas cap , and who woulda thought it came back on .. so i am losing pressure in the tank somewhere?? any thoughts???

Losing pressure huh? Do you have an aftermarket fuel pump ? Changed your fuel filter recently?

no after market fuel pump and filter hasent been relaced recently

Have they said what code it's throwing?
    Last edited by RedlineFL; 11-15-2005 at 11:33 AM.
    04' SRR WRX TXS Stg 2 Sold

might be the lines to/from the evap canister. when i installed my RSB i funked up some of the hoses on the end of the box, inward of the right rear wheel and it tripped a CEL. figured it out, and tightened down on some new hose clamps and all was well. my car is really sensitive to the loose cap CEL for some reason. hope that helps?

Po457 --evap System Small Leak Detech Gas Loose Or Off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast