trunk installation questions

This is a discussion on trunk installation questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, so this might seem really simple, but 1) the stock spoiler came with a random cable in it, sticking ...

trunk installation questions

ok, so this might seem really simple, but

1) the stock spoiler came with a random cable in it, sticking out from both sides. what is that? its not the electric cable btw, that was seperate

2) where does the electric cable plug in?

3) where can I get new rubber thingies to protect my trunk from water getting in?

4) most important, how do I transfer the lock cylander from one trunk to the next...

I know these may seem simple... but I need help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok at least answer the question of how to swap the locking mechanism, anyone?

ok, sounds like you got a carbon fiber trunk...

first things first, its gonna be dangerous to pop your trunk bc the sti trunk springs are very strong, and your trunk is gonna pop up way too fast (if it is carbon fiber)

the lock from the stock trunk comes out easily, you need to un install the line from the inside latch, i forget the rest but it should just pop in the the next trunk easily...if the hole is too small on the new trunk (and its cf) get a sharp knife and shave away at the hole making it slightly bigger, remember too big and your ****ed.

im not sure what else you wanted to know
    Why do burnouts when you can do DONUTS!!!

any electric lines (for led purposes on your spoiler) already have a line running, just re-connect it on the new trunk
    Why do burnouts when you can do DONUTS!!!