Getting your WRX ready for winter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Getting your WRX ready for winter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by snowcat Umm... What is your definition of winter? What would one need to do for -30F temperatures ...

Originally posted by snowcat
    Umm... What is your definition of winter?

What would one need to do for -30F temperatures and snow measured in feet not inches? (It was -5F this morning when I drove to work - car did not want to warm up!)

For some reason, the WRX seems "humid." Every day when I drive it now, all the interior windows have ice on the inside of the window - anyone know how to fix that?

-snowcat
    I noticed that too. The other day I had condensation water spots on the inside. I just cleaned all the windows and used Rain X anti-fog stuff. When I breath on it they still fog, but we'll see how it works.

I noticed when I have more than one person in the car the windows fog up so easily. It's annoying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by smorris

I think you can see part of the winter mats in my car in the link below. They are subaru brand winter mats for the WRX (and probably all Impreza.) Heavy rubber with deep grooves. They cover the whole footwell and hold about a quart of melted snow. Highly recommended. Or get the WeatherTech ones. We've used them for years in many previous cars and trucks. however, I've read the WRX WeatherTech mats need trimmed to fit. This has not been needed on any of my other cars.

Don't know about mudflaps. I'v eread the rears from a Outback fit, nut the fronts need cut to fit? Maybe it wasn't an Outback. Someone else chime in here...
    Thank you for reminding me about getting winter floor mats. I will be going to the snow on a regular basis and need a set of rubber floormats to protect the carpet and the carpeted floor mats. I may go with the WeatherTech ones. $89.95 a pair seems okay. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's the Subaru brand ones from Subaruparts.com for only $41. They are out of stock, but you can check your local dealer. They can't be morethan ten bucks more locally.

http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=133#425

Here they are from Subaru-parts.com for $40

http://www.subaru-parts.com/php/suba...ory=protection

Neither say, so make sure that is all four mats.

Like I said, I think I heard that you need to trim the weather tech mats. Not absolutely sure, though.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12