03 WRX- funny sounds

This is a discussion on 03 WRX- funny sounds within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recently I've been hearing a strange noise almost like swishing or gargling water when I lightly rev the car? It ...

03 WRX- funny sounds

Recently I've been hearing a strange noise almost like swishing or gargling water when I lightly rev the car? It seems to happen more oftem when the engine is cold. Any idea's?
    Also, the exhaust chirp's alot as if it's backfiring when I get of the gas, Normal? BTW it's an 03 WRX w/ 5sp. and 80K miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stock?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

word, if its stock i might have it checked out but if youre catless, those are healthy sounds.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

It's got an AP stage 1 reflash, but the sounds were present before the reflash. The car was also run with a manual boost controller for about 8 thousand miles, never boosting more than 15 pounds and avioding FBPT. Other than these sounds the car run's great but I was concerned they could indicate a problem.