help! not sure what this is...

This is a discussion on help! not sure what this is... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well this is a noob question, but I just went out to my car and there is a huge puddle ...

HELP! Coolant spill!

Well this is a noob question, but I just went out to my car and there is a huge puddle of neon-green fluid. Is that the coolant fluid? And if so, why did it spill?!?! I checked the level and its pretty low too.
    Last edited by felo3769; 10-12-2005 at 10:44 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's coolant. Obviously you have a leak of some sort. I wouldn't advise driving the car until you fix the leak. Overheating an engine is a bad idea.

I think it was coming down aroud the front passenger wheel area. I live about 20 miles from my job, you think I can put some fluid in now and make it home? I really dont know where to begin to look to fix it. As far as the hoses are concerned, those on the resevoir are all conected.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    I think it was coming down aroud the front passenger wheel area. I live about 20 miles from my job, you think I can put some fluid in now and make it home? I really dont know where to begin to look to fix it. As far as the hoses are concerned, those on the resevoir are all conected.
    If you are going to do that, make sure it's full, and bring lots of coolant with you. If the car starts to get hot, pull over immediately and let it cool. Also, don't open the cap until it's cooled down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not drive the car.

You apparently have a 2005, meaning you are covered under warranty. Call up Subaru and have them flatbed the car to the dealer to fix it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yeah the spill can be anywhere, turbo, hoses, block (God forbid) but if you look around the engine bay you shold be able to spot it, unless it's somewhere underneath the car.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Do not drive the car.

You apparently have a 2005, meaning you are covered under warranty. Call up Subaru and have them flatbed the car to the dealer to fix it.
    His advice is better. I'm just used to limping cars home, and fixing them myself. Warranties are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    His advice is better. I'm just used to limping cars home, and fixing them myself. Warranties are cool.
    +1

Did you get the roadside assistance and all that extra stuff when you bought it? It should be totally covered under warranty. Call your dealship, call the roadside assistance, get it towed over (flat bed only!) and they should take care of it. I can only imagine that a hose might have cracked or split or slipped off. It could be a bigger issue than that, but its all covered, so don't fret about it. Just make sure that your loaner car is a Subaru, or something equally as cool.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Well I checked the radiator, and its full, but the resevoir is almost empty. And I cant locate a leak, I dont see anythign coming out anymore...

ok made it home safe. Ill wait for the car to cool again to check the levels again, and also check if there is still a leak.

from what i remember reading your stock, just get it checked out atleast under warranty. They cant claim tranny abuse on this one.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Thanks. Do you suggest not driving it anymore then until I have it checked out becuase I probably wont be able to go to a dealership for a couple days.