Another Blackstone Oil Analysis - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

This is a discussion on Another Blackstone Oil Analysis within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX Q: Why are you guys writing dates and mileages on filters? I simply made a spreadsheet ...

  1. #16
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,987
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Q: Why are you guys writing dates and mileages on filters? I simply made a spreadsheet with all of my service record information.
    Because I'm not "all there" upstairs. I keep the filters after use in their original little boxes and I mark the boxes too. I keep the air filters as well, and I also keep the crush washers from each oil change.

    The receipts go in a file in the house and get marked with the install date and miles also. The used parts go in the garage up in the rafters where nobody will notice then and discover my secret. I figure if my motor explodes they'll have a more difficult time saying "well you didn't change the oil!"


    I mark my filters 1 2 3 4 so I can see how many turns to tighten.
    That's a good idea, thanks!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,263
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Because I'm not "all there" upstairs. I keep the filters after use in their original little boxes and I mark the boxes too. I keep the air filters as well, and I also keep the crush washers from each oil change.

    The receipts go in a file in the house and get marked with the install date and miles also. The used parts go in the garage up in the rafters where nobody will notice then and discover my secret. I figure if my motor explodes they'll have a more difficult time saying "well you didn't change the oil!"
    indeed. They have medication for that now.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  4. #18
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,987
    I Support ClubWRX
    You know, there I was laughing at the "Breaking Bonaduce" thread yesterday but I bet even the great Mr. Bonaduce, with his alcohol, drug, and steroid use, doesn't keep his oil filters and crush washers...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  5. #19
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,263
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    You know, there I was laughing at the "Breaking Bonaduce" thread yesterday but I bet even the great Mr. Bonaduce, with his alcohol, drug, and steroid use, doesn't keep his oil filters and crush washers...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  6. #20
    Moderator GV27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Mountain, Colorado
    Posts
    5,585
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL. er....do the letters OCD mean anything to you? I bet they do to your doctor......

    I was just thinking of writing it on the filter because it'd be a step in the beginning of the oil change. Recording it at the end I sometimes get lazy - "yeah, I'll write it down later" - then forget to do it!

    Italian Tune-up - yeah, basically. Just drive the piss out of it. Get it good and hot, get the oil in the pan churned up really well. It's a good routine maintenance step for a car that spends a lot of time doing short-trips, stop-and-go-driving or is just overly babied in general.

    C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

    1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

  7. #21
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,263
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GV27
    Italian Tune-up - yeah, basically. Just drive the piss out of it. Get it good and hot, get the oil in the pan churned up really well. It's a good routine maintenance step for a car that spends a lot of time doing short-trips, stop-and-go-driving or is just overly babied in general.

    C
    It'll get a good run this weekend; an autox an hour and a half away on Sunday!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •