How Can I FIX this CEL

This is a discussion on How Can I FIX this CEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i threw up a code during a ecutek tune.....It was running good for about a week...then it went bad.....now my ...

How Can I FIX this CEL

i threw up a code during a ecutek tune.....It was running good for about a week...then it went bad.....now my cars running sh!tty...at higher rpm's it bucks a lot....feels as if theirs a fuel cut...CEL light was on when it was running good too...dont know why it would all of a sudden start running like Cra*...
    code:P0102
    which is low circit MAF....correct me if im wrong....
    I cleaned my MAFS with electrical contact cleaner....reset my ecu...CEL still on...I went to go check the codes again....same code..i asked the dealer what i should do....they said i should get a new sensor....and so i did...installed it, reset my ecu....CEL still on...
    Any ideas and suggestions on what i can do?....please help...Thanks....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump for me heading to work...

bump

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, the code P0102 is MAF sensor low input.

If you threw a code while getting an Ecutek, why was it ignored then? Why not stop whatever was or wasn't going on and deal with the error right then?

Since this happened while getting a, um, shall we say "tune" I'd say you have a chat with the person "tuning" the car and see what (s)he thinks. Assuming your car was in excellent shape beforehand and that you didn't present a sick car to the shop, at the very least you should express your admiration to the tuner...

The simplest answer is a faulty connector, frankly, but this should have never come up. It should have been addressed immediately by the person flashing your car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yea...i told the guy that it was fine befor he started plugging sh!t in....then it came on....he tried to reset it and nothhing happened....he told me to fix it....thats all...then he tuned it...ran good for awhile though... i emailed him and he told him that its running like crap...he just told me that, that was the major problem...he told me once i get that CEL to go away, he'll have to retune it...pretty f'ed up...may I have blpwn anything in the internals?...I feel heat from the lower driver side now, as if i turned on the heat...

I Support ClubWRX
    That's not a very encouraging response. You may want to take the car to someone actually willing to look at it more closely. Sorry not much can be done remotely without looking at the car at this point, but don't ignore the issue, see if someone local can help you or direct you to a competent shop to fix it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.